Lets Have A Look At Your Tanks

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Changed my tank around yesterday with live help from mousie! (well I think we were drooling over tanks on net then doing)

Photo from June.

Posted Image

Yesterday:

Posted Image

Then I pulled a heap out and played around, got dirt under nails yadda yadda and ended up with this. Comments? looking a bit fake? Something is a bit off with it. But pelased so far.

Posted Image

Changed my tank around yesterday with live help from mousie! (well I think we were drooling over tanks on net then doing)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL I was eyeing off Roys tank after all that.... Makes me want to have another go!

I reckon your tank needs more tannin in the water :huh:

everything in the tank that looks like a plant is plastic ..those balls of topiary are just that a plastic topiary ball from Kmart. I just split it in half and weighted it with a rock.You know that the same theory of design could be applied to an underwater landscape as is to a backyard one. I can see that you guys have put a lot of thought in to developing your work .. right down to what in the trade is known as "hard landscape material ", gravells,rocks , logs ,art and ornaments...The Soft landscape material is your fish and plants .....I see consideration for Colour ,texture,form, rythym and pattern, all in a fish tank.Aquatic themes to suite all tastes ....well done guys. We should give you all green webbeb thumb award for such a good job :o Anyone into night lighting there tanks yet ?????

The peat has slowly leached out again, need to add new granules tomorrow. My plants grow like crazy usually. I have noticed my Riccia half died (after I was dumping clumps in the bin) I have a good amount and with new peat should bulk up again :( Do you mean put more valis right too the left side?? I like it like that as the cannister outlet is there and it flows so nicely. Will grab some more soon, it's so damn cheap! Although I would mind a big fat bushy corner plant there. Oh the ideas :D Marc, I have thought about putting in those Moon lights!!! but it was put in the too hard basket because I have a single tube hood :D ...and they are very costly to buy.

Yep it's Vallis :thumbs: a little shop near me sells it for about $1.80 a bunch or $3.50 for a big bunch. Yeah aggies cannot be missed!! Pity it's a Sunday as people buy the place out on the weekends. I go in on wednesday and Thursdays when I can :) Popping in tomorrow :giggle: Found a shop on Main North too Clear Water Aquariums.. must check that out too ;)

need more Val to. we got a giant version of val in our pond outside. the leaves are about 4cm wide, and it grows really well in heated aquariums. I've had one bunch in my hexagonal for ages now, and it's stayed just as thin leaved as the day I put it in (luckily) but it absorbs the nitrates/trites excellently :) :) gotta buy sum more hardy plants for my female commy tank, as they don't have enough room to hide, maybe sum more java fern. anyone suggest small foreground plants that do well with a one tube light (those tropical aquarium light ones)? or something that would look wicked next to a castle? :D

I have incy wincy teeny weeny sprigs of crypts spare. They are always sprouting new ones. I cut them off the parent leaf and let them float on the surface for a few weeks before attaching them to something. Just need to keep them away from plant gobblers for a few weeks.

Archived