Lets Have A Look At Your Tanks

Lets see who has what at the moment! (she who is yet to take a picture!) Community tanks, planted tanks, growout tanks and works in progress etc. <_<

Post what you have in tanks plant and fish wise (if you feel up up too it :lol:)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 5ft a couple of weeks ago (80gal):

Posted Image

My pond (55gal~):

Posted Image

3ft (55gal), about a month ago:

Posted Image

Jebo 338 (10gal), plants have grown a lot since this picture:

Posted Image

My fry tank looking shockingly dull (~5gal):

Posted Image

My 3' Pirates of the Carrabean themed tank. Normally it's more overgrown than this, the pic was tanken today. I only just tidied the plants up 3 days ago.

Posted Image

My fry tank, approx 40-50L.

It belonged to my grandfather's friend. When he went on holiday my grandfather and I used to look after his fancy goldfish in this tank, I was about 5-7 at the time. My grandfather's friend died from a sudden heart attack and his wife threw it away so I took it, bred lizards in it for a while when I was in high school and now it's my fry tank. So it's been around for a while, never sprung a leak in all the time I've had it.

Posted Image

I love these tanks!! they look great!! Love the Pirate tank Klara, so does my Mark! (He did ask where Jack Sparrow was LOL) Serkan, I liek that way the tanks are divided up for the pairs and pieces of plants (I think I saw pots or the like in past photos) <_< Leela, I still love your 5ft tank! Is that what the BN's bred in? and is that where your Blue Rams are? What's the pots for in your pond?

• 2 weeks later...

Posted Image

Hope that worked! thats my 4 foot tank, its very unorganised and more of a learning exercise than anything else. I like that 5 foot tank, it looks very tidy and clean and klara, your tank looks alot bigger than 3'!..... something i need to work on with mine i think.

thankyou! but it still needs alot of work. When the amazon sword runners start growing a bit more it should fill up a bit. The plant on the rock is just java moss i tied on there with some cotton, I've been trying to find riccia but its not too easy in the colder months. I did fnd a mail order place in VIC that sells it though so i might try that.

Posted Image

I would love to get java moss to grow like that! I once went to an lfs that had a display tank with lots of rock and driftwood etc, but you should have seen the java moss, which was growing so perfectly out into the tank on almost every surface, like it is on BDP's rock! :yes:

Sorry - I thought I replied but not the case... Must've dreamt it. :yes:

Thankyou splendidbettas, fuzzy_dragonfly & Robbie.

Faewyn, you called me Leela again... :D But, yes, the 5fter is the home of my bristlenose pair and my blue and gold rams. The pots in my pond were for the hillstream loaches that I've never gotten... So now they're there just 'cause i think they look cool. :D

I did some renovations in my 5ft and Jebo... Some plant swapping.

Here's the 5ft now - I had the hood off because it's too tall for me to reach into otherwise. :lol: So please just look in the tanks, and not the ugly exposed globes!

Posted Image

However, for this look, the Jebo had to suffer. :D All the spikey plants were moved from the 5ft to the Jebo, along with a very sick swordplant... Hope that the intense lighting of the Jebo can bring them back. :D

Posted Image

Thanks guys. :lol: on the 5ft there's just 1 or 2 watt per gallon right now. I am getting a double reflector this upcoming week, though - so hopefully then we might get a bit more plant growth. :D I don't use CO2, but I have a laterite undergravel fertiliser and also use Flourish... I started using Flourish in between those two pics - look at the blue stricta on the left! :yes: Blue stricta is one of my favourite plants, and I'm very happy I now have it growing. :D Thanks for all your kind comments. :D

The spikey plants are a pongol and a dwarf pongol... Or something with similar spelling? I want to get some hairgrasses in there, and some vals, maybe. MAYBE crypts. I love my hairgrasses, but they just don't suit my 5ft, so this is the alternative. ;) Has anyone spotted the bristlenose in the renovated Jebo pic? ;) (That one's yours, Robbie. :) )

This is my 4ft tank, It kinda stagnating. I am considering buying a larger 4ft tank, so I am fantasing about that more then doing anything about my current set up!

I need to take pics of my 4x 2ft's soon :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Archived