New Addition

Yes they are really that colour. I haven't enhanced the photo at all. I have seen them at Pet City but their tails are no where near as nice as mine. All of my boys have lovely long flowing tails like the photo i posted. Yes mouse, you can keep them all together. As long as the ladies have somewhere to hide from the boys (they have one thing on their mind :D ) they will do fine (so I am told) If they breed for me *fingers crossed* maybe i could sell some to anyone who is interested ...

wow i haven,t seen these for littraly years, they are great. When we were kids we caught them in only one little drain in brisbane.I think they must of got mixed up with the gambusia that the council would release in the same drains to control mossies. There fins were no where near as nice as yours , but i still remember the vivid colours. These were highly prized amongst us. The same drains had red and green swordtails as well but if you caught one of these guppies you were on cloud nine.

Would you belive that I went down to feed them yesterday and I found four little babies. I'm not sure if she only had four or they ate some. I will have to research them a little more to be sure. For now they are colourless but still very cute. Obviuosly I'm doing something right :byebye:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay guys. I have added two new photos today. One of the older babies is starting to colour up (it's a boy!!!) but he wouldn't hold still for a photo.

Endler's Livebearers

At last count last thursday i had 18 babies and both girls are very fat at the moment, so more babies are coming ... :)

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Great Phil, thanks for asking. They are the hardiest fish. They just eat, poop and swim. I have a 2ft tank and about 35-40 fish. They dart around too quickly to count properly. I have a little bristnose in there and i have seen him trying to pounce on the little ones - probably to eat them but i haven't seen him catch one yet. If anyone wants any I would be happy to part with a few.

Archived