Frozen Prawns... Nutritious? Will Bettas Eat Them?

I saw they had frozen, shell-less prawns in flat-pack form at the shop I'm working at. My first thought was that they would be FANTASTIC! to condition bettas with. But the package has no nutritional information/analysis. So are frozen prawns a highly nutritious alternative to frozen BS/BW, and will bettas eat it if it is chopped up and offered to them with a pipette/tongs etc like my male gets his BS? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks :drool: <_<

they'll surey eat them, my wilds go gaga for the human grade ones from Aldi, but i'm not sure how much they get out of them. Its not a good staple, but I'd be happy enough feeding it a couple of times a week, after all it is the main ingredient in most fsh foods. In theory, if you minced up whole prawn, shell and all, you'd have a snazzy colour enhancer. the trick would be convincing the betta that shell is delicious <_<

definitely get the human grade ones. I tried the fishing shop ones and they were *juuust* starting to turn. Also they were frozen in a big lump, so you had to practically chip off a section to feed it. The human ones you just pick out a single prawn. :(

Archived