Hello There!

E-n

hey everyone just thought i'd do the corteous thing and introduce myself! i'm ian, and although i'm yet to own a betta, i've found some awesome pictures of them (and also seen a couple of really nice ones in person) on the net, which has caused me to join up to this forum! they're such beautiful fish!!! i still haven't found THE one! but i think it'd have to be either a crowntail or butterfly delta/halfmoon!

hey guys thanks for the warm welcome! i'm from melbourne in oz! i've seen some great bettas down here on my visits to some of the aquariums recommended! my fav. so far was a red butterfly delta, which had a zig zaggy coloration on the tail (not a curved pattern) this guy was about $50 but was kept in it's own tank and looked very healthy! he'd be gone by now! lol right now i've got a freshwater tank with a black moore/bubble eye (weird looking fish) & danios. i'd like to have the betta(s) in this tank when the current tenants move out double ray crowntail? what do they look like callatya?

Hi Ian, welcome :):( what colours do you like the most? Mine are mainly Royal Blue, Black (Melano Black) and Opaque White. I also love greens, but the shade of greens I've seen leave a lot to be desired still :( enjoy ur time on here, and just be careful, once u buy one betta, there's no turning back from buying more (take this from someone who has bought at least 5 new bettas a yr over 5 yrs :( :( )

And just wait till you start breeding... the bettas will have you well and truly addicted :( Hey Ian, Welcome to AAQ :) Awsome to have another melbournite onboard :( If you like copper HMs, I should have some ready for sale in several months. I have the new stock coming to me from overseas in a few weeks :( In the mean time, you can check out the links in my signature :(

that's just the thing... there are SO many different types/colors that look awesome! i don't think i'd be able to stop at one! robbies betta do u have any pics of your bettas? i also like the spotted patterns some bettas have. the blue/green lace i believe it's called! see i've already listed at least 5 different types i like the look of! LOL

Crowntails, Ian, crowntails... especially Y-ray, double tailed, red ones with black bodies (maybe).... 'cos I got about 50 1-month old ones and I don't know how I'll cope soon. <_< I've also got some slightly spotty 3 month old blue/marble CT girls and they have one brother... so I could do you a pair. Super healthy, raised in Melbourne water... trained to follow you like puppy dogs... (shh... don't tell him all bettas do that...) Welcome to the forum.

Well... speaking of cars, Faewyn, if I were you, I'd definitely plan a little driving holiday in Melbourne. Autumn is a gorgeous time of year here. You could combine with a little betta sightseeing and since you'll have your car... possibly take a few back? <_< Selling bettas is hard work, you know. I didn't know fish could be tyre-kicked until I started selling them, and they really should sell themselves. CT females are so hard to get anywhere else.

*COUGH* ;):lol: I did have a thing for CT's awhile ago (maybe a yr or so) when Metallics were just starting to get big. I had a gorgeous pair of marble White Gold CT's, but first the female jumped ship and almost died, then she did achieve her end by jumping about 2 weeks after that. The male never really picked up after his long trip and slowly went downhill and died ;) since then haven't really been into CT's, maybe one day :o :D

Archived