Clarification Needed

steph

Hi everyone I just need some clarification about crowntails and clowntails if there is such a thing. My next door neighbour has just recently bought a male fighter which she was told was a clowntail. I have seen this boy myself and he looks like a crowntail to me. I just wanted to know whether or not there is such a fighter as a clowntail, and what they look like so that I am no longer confused, or does the LFS she bought him from not know what they are on about.

Clowntails, that just another one of those funny names that get given to bettas as a to help describe a fish. I remember seeing a few pics once, I think they are ment to be plakat/shortfin CT but I think it got carried on to the long fin CT somehow. Guess it's just a marketing technique.

The "clowntail" error started with Bay Fish. Their early shipments of bettas from Asia had crowntails described as "clowntails". Bay fish sold them on to retailers under that name, and by the time they realised it was an error, the name had stuck so they've kept it. (That's more or less what one of the directors of Bay fish told us when BA visited their facility at Narangba last year).

Archived