Jems Of The Pond!

Mango4Jade

Took some pics of some of my koi. They are all around 10cm and are bred by a breeder in Sydney, Australia. They are currently in a 1,500ltr pond right now and will be in a 10,000ltr pond soon. They are many changes from the day I brought them back, Im overall impressed :)

Showa

Posted Image

This was my tancho :) Seems to be changing alot >.<

Posted Image

Kohaku

Posted Image

More Kohaku

Posted Image

Kohaku...very interesting IMHO...me like it ;)

Posted Image

Please comment on these specimens please!

MAngo~

I really like the showa and the last kohaku. I noticed him in the group photo and liked him the best :) Shame about the tancho. IME their patterns move quite a lot. Koi patterns can be like marble bettas - perfect one day, bloody ordinary the next (if you'e unlucky) or bloody unrecognisable at the least.

The tancho was in a batch of fry that was given to the breeder a few months ago. The were said to be showas...but still keeping them to see the outcome of them. At first we thought it was shushui then now its changing even more. Should be an interest year for that fish :) I will try to get pictures of the parents for my kohakus when I go over to the breeders' place to take some measurements and photos for the 25th SILVER ANNIVERSARY KOI SHOW in April.

Archived