Aussie Bred Koi

Mango4Jade

How are these for Aus bred Koi? I went to the AKA Auction today...got fully sunburnt but well worth it. Some very nice fish there, too bad I dont have a large pond yet to get some bigger koi, but got some photos to share with all members here.

First bin I had interest in. I almost bid on it since it had 4 very nice GinRins, a showa and a few mutts.

Posted Image

A GinRin Utsuri that got the highest bid of the day $280AUD. A very nice fish with nice patterns and GinRin scales. Wanted this one too, but no space :cheer:

Posted Image

A GinRin Kohaku and a Sanke (I think, still get mixed up with sanke and showa :P )

Posted Image

2 Kohakus

Posted Image

A huge showa, one of the biggest fish at the auction.

Posted Image

A 4 step Kohaku, this guy went for about $150 i think, IMHO his quite nice. Wouldnt mind having him in my pond.

'>

I hope you have enjoyed these photos :cheer:

Mango~

[signature]

:D Georgia when im getting rid of some, I will let you know :D I cant keep all 200 :D Probably only keeping a maximum of 6. They are still around 1inch in size, but once transferred to anotheer tank, they should grow larger in size. Its really a pity that these "Gems of the pond" are only legal in NSW and WA, they are so pretty and calm.

Thats actually true Lilli. We in the Koi Clubs are putting together a brocheur in multiple languages to hand out at our auctions, club meeting nights and also at fish stores to tell people why they shouldnt release fish into the waterways and letting them know the risks involved in it.

Archived