Sign in to follow this  
Bren MacFish

This Fish Does Not Have Worms...

Mate I would try epsom salts or flagyl at 1 tab per 40l as it looks to me if she has bloat see the white rings around her eyes. This is a sign of the eyes starting to poke out as they do wilth bloat. just my theories any way. I have seen this in rainbow species and goldfish usually epsoms salts work but keep flagyl on side any way most vets will sell you flagyl if you say it is for bloat in fish.

My guess would be gut tumour. By all means try the epsom salts, but I'd be considering euthanasia pretty soon with a fish that swollen. :)

This is a long term thing. When I picked her up from Mishy last year we commented that she had a round tummy... it's been getting bigger ever since! Bloat comes on suddenly, doesn't it?

yes, it does. Sounds to me like something's slowly growing inside her. Not worms, obviously. I mean something like a tumour. Sorry! :)

She's the mother of the fry so the line is not lost, even tho I'm not pleased with the body colour, but she's been a great little mother fish. I can see she's just going to start declining now until she finally prolapses and has to be bumped off. Any volunteers in the name of science want to do an autopsy?

She looks like someone Lea's Mira, that yellow CT from Kang. Don't like her chances at that size, are you feeding her still? can she eat and pass waste?

hmm, obstruction or growth. Seems a litte forward placed to be eggs. As long as she is eating and swimming around without dramas, let her be. It's just the nature of things. Cheers, J

She looks like someone Lea's Mira, that yellow CT from Kang.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In size?

She still seems normal, chasing the cambodian girl up and down the glass flaring. She's probably got a few more good months in her.

as long as she's not suffering, I'd leave her be. I just had to euthanise a steel HM male for a similar growth but he was obviously in distress.

Yeah, in size, the way she's developed 'breats' when you look at her head on. Although Mira looked like almost 3 fish she was that large.

Nono, that fish was from ages ago, not related at all I shouldn't imagine. That one was eggbinding. I've had a similar looking thing from just fluid, although it didn't get quite so large.

Sign in to follow this