shadoh

New Spawns Lined Up...

So, now all responsibilities of shows and club activities are almost over, it's time to look at my next spawns that should take me through the summer.  I am looking at attempting a spawn every 2-3 weeks to try and stagger jarring out between spawns.

So, here is what is lined up...

Copper CT pair.
Blue Grizzle/Yellow CT M x Orange F
Feral NT Splendens Pair
Wild Splendens M x Feral NT Splendens F
Blue HMPK M x White CT F

I also have 2 x 18 month old Red Dragon VT x HMPK females I am looking for a suitable VT male for.  The original idea was to make the cross, then spawn siblings to obtain fuller finnage VTs.  Unfortunately one of the males I kept as a breeder developed tumours all over his body and the other male died.  I have decided that it is probably worth pursuing using either a Red Dragon VT male or a plain Red male (dragon scaling will be rediiiiuced but will return in following generation.) The result will still give me the fuller finnage I was after.

I will upload photos of the pairs as I set them up, then start spawn logs once successfully spawned and have free swimming fry (been caught out too many times with egg eaters)

Watch this space!

:giant:

Have released all females - all 3 females were starting to build nests in their own containers.

Copper CT female went straight to the nest and the pair instantly tried an embrace - first time I've had instant interest like that.  No eggs as yet, but keeping an eye on things.  Female is helping build the nest...lol

Orange female CT had made a couple of trips to the nest to inspect, but nothing yet.

Feral female heavily striped and interested in the nest.  Male has started patrolling the tank looking for intruders...lol

:crowntail::ctpk::plakat: