Sign in to follow this  
Trilobite

F2 HMPK Steel x marble

F2 of my hmpk guys

The grandparents were a pair of blue hmpk (female was the same mother as my melano genos, she was  my fave girl, but she was a marble and it showed in most of her fry)

Heres the grandparents

parents%20copy%20blues_zpsq2iwst7e.jpg

And the parents

parents%20hmpk%20f2_zpsmowdujmi.jpg

Love the male although he has quite a few things that need work

_DSC2413_zpss2omxbig.jpg

Hopefully I can get decent masking back, no idea whether I will or not but they are siblings so we shall see

Heres some babies, they are about 10 days

_DSC1886_zpsletfleee.jpg

Thanks :D me too! I adore the grandfather especially, hes such an old man now but Im tempted to give him one last spawn if hes up for it

Nothing exciting happening with these guys, just fat and just starting to sparkle if you look close enough. I might combine these guys into a tub with my melano x royal blue hm since it should be quite easy to tell them apart

_DSC2059_zpsato9djxl.jpg

• Like 1

Not sure whether this one is the hmpk or melano spawn since at this age they look very similar, but its the biggest in the tub, Im fairly sure its the hmpk coz they were a bit bigger than melanos

_DSC2413_zpskkpsamve.jpg

Haha they are the best ones!

Hes boosted his growth to insane heights...you can see some other ones in the photo to compare , might be time to separate the bigs from the smalls soon, I feel like most of the fish in his tub could become easy snacks if he felt like it

_DSC1887_zpsrnwqfrff.jpg

_DSC1903_zps0ee2cubp.jpg

and I found this one whos second biggest and quite cute

_DSC1892_zps5my5qzuj.jpg

Hes massive lol Im starting to get the feeling hes actually one of the hm spawn instead of the hmpk ones... 

_DSC2224_zpsfypd6xkh.jpg

Yep big blue is 100% not meant to be in this spawn log lol, hes very longfinned now haha. Hes in the big kid tank with a few other biggies. Heres him now, def not hmpk

_DSC2267_zpsv9fot7y1.jpg

_DSC2284_zpszbr1laqp.jpg

Heres some others that I think are more likely to be hmpk

I quite like this boy but its a shame about his ugly head, I think grandma must have carried yelllow since her children keep throwing yellow fins regardless of whether their father was the blue hmpk or the melano hm, 

_DSC2424_zpshovs6j4z.jpg

This boy has a nasty temper, he thinks hes hot stuff since big blue left

_DSC2417_zpszpoxogwx.jpg

Heres a little girl who doesnt have a lot going for her lol

_DSC2406_zps02a2oens.jpg

LMAO love your descriptions. She'll probably turn into a swan. I like the 1st boy too.

• Like 1

This spawn is pretty much spoon heads and x factors so a bit of a let down. I dont think Ill continue this line. I did have a nice royal blue brother I was going to cross to the girl but now if Im going to use him Ill find an unrelated female...

Fingers crossed theres some decent ones in there,  cant wait for jarring time so I can finally see whats been brewing in my tubs

• Like 1

Thanks, yeah top boy is my fave from the spawn so far, definitely a keeper. I found a nice female to match him, she does reach 180 and shes not as heavily branched as a lot of the other females are

Gotta start grooming and choosing for the show next month. Definitely not sending my best ones coz Im paranoid about shipping them down from my little rural town:HMplakat:

_DSC0386.JPG

_DSC0581.JPG

hmpk m 2.jpg

hmpk m1.jpg

_DSC0546.JPG

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this