Sign in to follow this  
Trilobite

F2 Melano geno HM

Its time for F2 for my melano genos. Both also carry hmpk so hopefully I get some hmpk back aswell. This spawn is kinda exposed to the elements with no heater but so far they are doing well

Their parents were melano hm x royal blue hmpk

parents_zpsuk7czbvp.jpg

And heres the happy couple, they werent my first choice but the girl for my best pair from this spawn wasnt ready so they can wait until next time

parents%20blue%20melano_zps1gzrl5gm.jpg

These guys are about 10 days and eating bbs with big daily water changes, looks like a mix of light and dark bodied fish

Heres a few of them

_DSC1592_zpsbfza8s3j.jpg

_DSC1890_zpspomwhfmu.jpg

These guys are doing well, I scooped some into a beanie to have a look at them and they are getting colours! :D. Im going to have to transfer them out of their little 9 litre tub soon.

_DSC2084_zpsmitjwrts.jpg

_DSC2092_zpsbmlxcfqs.jpg

_DSC2109_zpsde53djta.jpg

Almost killed these guys the other day... When I do wc I just peg the tube to where I want the water level to drain and I can just go and do other things while its siphoning out... but this time the peg slipped and when I came back they were flopping in a few mm of water.... so I freaked out and just dumped a bucket of freshwater straight into their tub, (the fresh water was waaay hotter than their tub water ~30-35C compared to their 26-27) but they were all sweet about it. They didnt sulk, or die on me. They just went back to business as usual. Guess they are hardier than I gave them credit for...

Anyway heres the biggest of the group, so sparkly.. all the rest still look pretty much like the previous pic

_DSC2426_zps6xydrumu.jpg

_DSC2430_zpsjdrv5am0.jpg

These are pretty too. Glad you didn't lose them, they are hardier than they're given credit for. ;)

Haha thanks, yeah I was freaking out!! but from now on Im not going to baby them as much as I did, they can have a bit of tough love

_DSC1407_zpsecqukdsj.jpg

• Like 1

melano!! but I feel like its a girl...hopefully Im wrong

_DSC1960_zpshhqrz7qh.jpg

Alot of the babies are turing greenish and males are starting to show themselves :-D

_DSC2036_zpsfhr665na.jpg

_DSC2027_zpsay00edsl.jpg

_DSC1928_zpsi2mpun1m.jpg

_DSC1979_zpssujlffql.jpg

_DSC1936_zpsbnklpswj.jpg

• Like 1

Haha these guys dont even deserve descriptions, I found 2 on the floor the other day.... and had to cull a few bad scales

Im going away back to nz in feb, so Ive got a fish sitter to pop in twice a week to feed them, but I think I might separate the bigger ones from the smaller ones in case they choose to act on their hunger

Haha thanks Im scared that everyone will think Ive started to pick up an aussie accent!

Everyones been rearranged in sizes, Ive had to combine spawns into the same tubs but luckily they are different colours so unless they all turn cello on me I should hopefully be able to refind them again

• Like 1

Some of the pk boys that popped up in f2. Most females from this spawn arent looking very pretty so far... hopefully they blossom into something half presentable lol 

_DSC1720.JPG

_DSC1799.JPG

_DSC1919.JPG

Thanks :-) the last guy was my favourite from the spawn but he managed to fit through a tiny gap in the lid and land on the floor the other day :-(

Almost all boys have been jarred from this spawn now

hm male1.jpg

• Like 1

Someone I found hiding in one of the jars :D Starting to love these blue/white marbles, really hope he balances out though

_DSC0884.JPG

Sign in to follow this