Crazyfishlady

Black Orchid X Purple

Hi!

I'm considering breeding in a few months and I am interested to know the outcome of this pairing. I'm not very good with Betta genetics, so I'm hoping someone can help me! 

I have a black orchid CT male and a purple CT female. She has a sprinkle of blue iridecense through her fins too.   I have attached two photos of each of them, I'm sorry for the quality - I used my phone. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nice fish! The female is royal blue and I can't tell in the pic if the male is copper or steel based. If hes steel, the shades of blue you get will be steels and royals.and if he's copper then you will get metallic steel and metallic royal

My guess is most will be blue, you may get some black with heavy irids and maybe some marble. But the only way to know for sure is to try it out and see what you get :-D

Ooh thank you! I was wondering what she was actually classed as, as I know there isn't a 'true purple'. Thanks for clearing that up! ? 

I can't wait to see what happens! 

You'd get a lot of red & red wash in your fry as red is dominant. Mixed bucket. :)