JayM

Started conditioning

UPDATE:

George & Cleopatra - he is semi interested, sometimes. :sad:

Mr PK & Lady - he's in spawn tank, she visits daily for 10ish minutes. Nest started.

Mr PK Hottie & Miss Spiky Butt - in divided tank, he has started on a nest.

Mr & Miss Grizz - daily visits. He shows off.

008 (9).JPG

Noticed that Miss Grizz's anal fin & caudal is shrinking in some bits? Not sure if it's fin rot? Treating with IAL & more salt. Not sure if I should continue with conditioning with her?

Opinions please. :) 

Sigh, the joys of spawning. 

Lady has an eye injury so have put in Patch instead who seems keen. Mr PK is busy working on his nest & trying to get to her.

Mr Grizz is in a spawn tank but Miss Grizz is retiring due to her missing bits. Have put in Miss Pastel instead. Mr Grizz was really trying to get to her & studying his IAL very carefully LOL.

Just an update.

Mr Grizz is still getting daily visits by Miss Pastel. He seems keen.

Mr PK & Patch are in spawn tank. His nest is good but he isn't happy as he keeps attacking her & chasing her off even though she is head down & clamped under it. :( Doofus.

George & Cleo having daily/every 2nd day visits.

Mr PK Hottie & Miss Spiky Butt are in spawn tank. He's working on nest & she seems interested? 

Have just put Phoenix & Miss Phoenix in separated tank.

Have 3 ladys in a hospital tank as it looks like they have fin rot. :( Mr Butterfly is being treated as his fins are shabby too. Sigh.

Damn!  I'm sure something will spawn for you soon.  Having similar luck here too.

Jarrod

Totally LOL. Good news is Mr PK Hottie & Miss Spiky Butt have spawned woohoo. :D Fair few eggs in there, fingers xed they're fertilised. 

007.JPG

Hahahaha.

Forgot to remove her last night & found her doing fine in the spawn tank this morning. Was a PITA to remove her. Me trying to get her with the net & Daddy chasing her off, ah fun. :)

Mr Grizz & Miss Pastel are in the divided tank. He is working on a nest. She is showing interest. :D 

Mr PK & Lady - annoying. His nest is large but she just hides near the filter so I've removed her & will introduce her again wednesday or thursday.

Edited by JayM

Sounds like it's under control ;)

My spawn tanks are getting stripped out, cleaned and set up again today, so hoping to have similar success with at least 1 pair spawning.

Jarrod
:HMplakat:

• Like 1

Think Mr Butterfly has been chewing his tail. :/ Treating with dissolved salt & regular water changes.

002.JPG

Mr PK Hottie has eating all his kids. :((:censor: Didn't maintain the nest & meh, naughty boy! Tank given a clean & left for now.

Continuing on with Mr Grizz. Put Patch in with Mr PK for 5mins. 

All 3 dads ate their eggs! :censor::dontknow:

So, George & Cleo are dating. All going well, touch wood. :)

Mr PK is back in spawn tank & exposing him to either Cream (new CT x HMPK lady) or Spiky Butt.

Mr Grizz is in divided tank with Sparkles, who is a new CT x HMPK lady also. Going well also.

Naughty daddies. More often than not dads eat eggs that are unfertilised. I always test that theory by removing the male straightaway the next time he spawns. In some cases the eggs have hatched. In one instance I had to conclude the male was shooting blanks. 

• Like 1

This happened last night. Take 2 for Mr Grizzle. 

Eggs still there this morning thankfully.

021 (63).JPG

001 (13).JPG

Edited by JayM

He ate eggs again so I removed him yesterday. Eggs all fungused & yuk so tank cleaned, wiped, new water, bubble wrap & IAL.

Have put in Mr Pk & Miss Spiky Butt will be his wife this time. :please:

Was planning on releasing a pair in the spawn tank, then realised that any resulting fry will only be a few weeks old when I go to Melbourne and too young to leave with no food (my local friends/family wouldn't be able to look after fry so young), so that means no more spawns until the end of September!

Will spend my time planning my end of year spawns.  I want at least one of each tail type.  

Contenders are:

VT - I have 2 interesting VT males - first up is a Red Marble BF. The other is a pale Dalmation (orange)

I am looking looking for a nice red HM girl at the VB show, so could also use her to breed with the red VT to broaden the caudal spread a little and hopefully give a wider dorsal base.

The dalmatian I can either put with my orange hmpk female or look for something at the shows.

HMs - I have a few males to choose from.  I will be on the lookout for a MG or copper female, blue female and a red female at the shows

CT's - I have a gold male and a red cambodian female ready to go as soon as the shows are over

PKs - plenty of marble males and females to choose from.  Looking at finding new bloodlines at the shows.

I think that will be my breeding stock base for the next 6 - 12 months covered :D

From there, I will only buy the odd fish to add new blood.

Jarrod
:ctpk:

LOL all good. I like reading about what others are planning. :cheer:

I'm lucky hubby will be tending to my babys while I'm away. What fun he'll have. :fish:

I lost 2 females (F3) last week & another 2 don't look good. :( 

Planning on spawning Light Salamander HMPK EE when I return & Salamander HMPK EE. :D These are the males.

002 (64).JPG

002 (65).JPG

Nice boys - who knows, you might snap something special up at the show auction as well....

Jarrod

:ctpk:

I have some lonely hearts in my fishroom needing good quality partners - I'll be buying up ;)

...not long till Melbourne now!

• Like 1

15 sleeps, will be great to meet you. :) 

These 2 may have a nest of eggs atm. :whistling:

007 (1).jpg

1490869_1037259556307879_4440663745089416806_o.jpg

002.JPG

Edited by JayM