King Acuarios

Molly with pop in the eye

Hello everyone. I have a molly fish sick with what looks like a liquid pop in one eye and is red also, looks like it has some blood. So far I have dealt with Aloe Vera and improved but he still has a small pop. Here I upload the video to see if you guys can appreciate that. In the last minutes of the video it is better appreciated. Greetings and thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLPkwFB7v2I

I wasn't able to see the popeye from your video. Perhaps remove it into a hospital tank where you can treat it away from the other fish.

Mollies are a surface feeder and also mid level they will cope with. If food sinks to fast or they can not get enough food from the surface or mid level they will take what has sunk to the bottom this is when you see pop eye develop in them. If you take Razzies advice and isolate the molly I would say in one of those net fry savers so she can still see the other fish, this will stop her stressing to much make sure that the food floats and dosn't sink and it should clear up with out any intervention. remember prevention is better than cure and if you don't need to use chemicals then don't. Kissing gouramie can get pop eye due to feeding off the bottom even though they are not surface feeders but filter feeders.

I hope this helps

Cheers

Les

That's interesting. Thanks Les. I didn't know that about feeding from the bottom. Is it a bacterial infection picked up from the substrate?