Velxunai

Infection?

what started as a little white spot has now become a huge pimple like bump. Swollen, red and still has a white centre. I thought it was ick so I separated right away and I thought it was healing but now I think it's much worse and looks painful :(

I have on hand aquarium salt, melafix and Primafix... How should I treat this thing?

Will post photos in the next post

5DA6FB95-428A-4BEF-803B-1CBF225C1B7D.png

EADF82A8-4702-411F-98BF-D2DA2004D452_zps

63214E52-3EF6-4B55-A7B2-120AB385B478_zps

I wish I had a micro lense

This really doesn't look good. Be very careful. I would use gloves and sterilise anything that comes in contact with that water. It looks like some kind of tumor. And there looks to be fungus on the other side. Both could be very contagious. Sterilise all nets, siphons, surfaces with a hospital grade disinfectant. Or use plain bleach with no fragrance added. Treat with salt as an immediate step since you have it on hand. But I think you'll need tetracycline.

Tumour! i didn't even think of that! water has been shared with him because he was in my sorority tank (long story 5 girls suddenly all male)...

no one else has had any signs of the same thing, but i will be careful with cross contamination from now on!

where do you find Tetracycline for fish in Australia? is this a vet prescribed thing?

Most good fish shops will carry tetracycline. It will have some kind of brand name like Aquaricycline or something like that. Or ask what antibiotics they have. The good shops will ask you more questions about why you need antibiotics. That's when you whip out your phone and show them pics. Try to get clearer pics if you can. His left side looks to have some columnaris happening.

If he was in with the girls there might have been fighting and these could be infections resulting from that. Could there be another girl that is masquerading as a boy in that tank?

If this is something really bad then you don't have much time. But then if it's that aggressive there's not much you can do anyway.

All of my girls in the sorority turned out to be boys.... Everyone is separated now but a few are still sharing water (this boy isn't however)

Thank you for your help. Fingers crossed this guy makes it

He's lasted now for a few days so at least it's not something super aggressive. Is he still pale and stressed like that?

Today I decided to pts, because the wound got bigger and fluff started growing all over him :(

Thank you bettarazzi for all of your help and concern.