Bettarazzi

Royal Blue CT x Metallic Turquoise CT

I haven't got pics. I better say that up front. The male is LFS stock and I can't even remember if he's royal blue or steel. His tank isn't well lit and I haven't looked at him properly in while. The female is self-bred and I was checking her birth date the other day and found that it was 30/11/2013. So she's getting on a bit. Her mother was bred by Denning (drajit) and I'm kinda chuffed to be continuing a local line. Very local in fact because Denning only lives about 10 minutes away. The female only carries one copy of metallic but you can see the small areas where it is quite gold/copper. Their form is not great. Some would say terrible. But I like the idea of building my line from scratch. I will try to get some pics eventually. If the form improves down the track it will be interesting to see where they started.

Introduced Monday 9/03/2015. Eggs discovered this morning Wed 11/03/2015.

• Like 1

Tails this morning but looks like a small spawn. I forgot to put a heater in. The room is heated to about 26°C but I like to bump it up a few more degrees. There was some talk a little while ago that temperature might affect gender. I really don't want another all female spawn.

Look at it this way - you're testing the low end of the temp spectrum... :)

Throw a thermometer in there and get a reading for us to add to the data please.

I'm impressed they spawned in less than 28C to start with...

BlBl+nm = metallic turquoise...not green - you got me all excited....

Only 3 fry!! I will need to redo this pair although I'm tempted to wait to see what happens. I've got so many pairs lined up I'm not sure whether to redo this pair or not. Not like they're spectacularly good in either colour or form. But I did want a decent number so that I had a good choice for the next generation. The spawn that the mother came out of had quite a variation among the siblings in terms of the quality of the form. Hmm... what to do? Repeat or do the copper orchid male? Or the thai flag?

On the bright side, these three fry ARE HUUUUUUGE compared to my other two spawns. So I guess space has a lot to do with size.

• Like 1

Fry Size is certainly interesting. Environment plays a huge role obviously. My second spawn as I mention in the log, are way behind the 1st with less of them in the same size tank, although same genetics. Feeding from day 1 was the biggest issue between the two spawns.