Crazyfishlady

Having Fry Problems

Hi everyone!

I have 11 six week old fry that are all struggling to swim properly (staying at the bottom of tank until they need air and the struggle their way to the surface). They are also, one by one, developing lumps on their heads? Which turn a dark bloody red colour and they end up gasping for air (I've lost one this way). Does anyone know what is going on? Any help is appreciated... :/

It sounds like an infection. I can't remember what it's called now. I recall someone else having something similar. Try antibiotics and also be extremely careful of cross-contamination. Make sure you sterilise everything that comes into contact with their water. Also avoid putting your hands in their tank. Good luck. I hope it clears up.

What sort of antibiotics do I use? I'm not very experienced with the medical treatment side of things..

Edited by Crazyfishlady

Sorry to hear. I'm not sure what this is but multicure, meth blue or green may be the go.

Tri-sulfa and tetracycline are antibiotics you can get at fish shops. In the meantime you can try adding non-iodized salt at 1 tsp per 8 litres of water.