Hachi

I feel the need, the need to spawn

So, thanks to the lovely Brention and Maddzk I got "dragged" back to the forum and seeing everyone's lovely babies I'm itching to start spawning again. Why are you all so cruel to me!

Besides for that point, I am planning on waiting for my weather to stabilize a little bit further and will be doing a spawn completely outside. Not to mention I need to work on my waterchange/drainage system so it requires less of my attention.

Probably will start with something fairly basic for my first spawn this season. Male is most probably a het metallic royal blue plakat and the female is from my failed blue dragon project (#brednotbought). She's a marbled steel blue with partial dragon influence.

I'll have to do a proper photo shoot this weekend for them and maybe even start the first meet'n'greets through glass.

Anyways, enough of my rambling, I will post up the pictures this weekend! :)

Hachi/Dylan

• Like 1

Thanks guys!

I've got a week off after next week, so I shall tinker with my spawning "suite" and get it ready, shouldn't be long before Queensland weather allows for spawning (without heaters) :)

Ok, here be the fishes I have chosen to undertake this huge feat.

Male:

e5f198ba-0cf8-4f34-b8c7-8e96963da627_zps

1bd4deb9-db35-4807-bdf2-2e1b439e94ed_zps

And the girlie:

d75d7ac9-d9cb-49e5-ae97-c379cc2096e1_zps

d17ae162-95bf-47f4-b4c6-5b0dab131583_zps

Neither fish were overly photogenic today. Excuse to horrible particle filled tanks as well. I had just waterchanged and stirred up all the mess by accident :(

Hachi/Dylan :)

I predict little fish :P

More importantly, I know that the female carries the nr2 gene and possibly homozygous for it. From memory there was no red from her siblings. Therefore leaning on homozygous nr2 or a red-loss coming into play (possible since most of the males because pure white dragons). The female does have decent dragon heritage, so hopefully that carries through and obviously marbling.

As for the male, I have no clue for genetic background. He was labelled as a giant when I purchased him but he's not really above normal size. They both need work on their caduals, but I'm not overly concerned about it right now. Will be a nice refreshing spawn and to test out my plans.

Edited by Hachi