Crazyfishlady

ICH.

It's my first time with ich, and I found this website that outlines a 'natural' way to eradicate it without ruining the tank cycle. ( http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/ich.php ) My question is to the more experienced betta owner, would this method suffice? Or should I try using the meds I have?? Thanks heaps.

Edited by Crazyfishlady

The temperature increase method is one that several people have tried. I tend to use meds. But the article you linked to seemed to offer fairly compelling arguments. Is this a betta that you've got with ich?

There still seems to be a lot of spots on him.. I can't get the temp up right.. I've got a 25W heater in a 9L tank. The heater is set at 30*C and the thermometer only says 27? Would it be the room temp causing that? (I live in Tas, and though it's a nice enough day here it's still pretty cold).

Try insulating the tank - place towels around and over it, maybe some polystyrene - that sort of thing to help it better retain the heat.

Excellent news - but don't stop treatment for at least 3 days after all the spots have disappeared.

End of day 8, everything seems to be going peachy! No spots, extremely active, loves a good feed! :) I'll continue treating for another two days, do you guys think I should stop then? Or go for another couple, just to make sure?

You have to draw a line somewhere, or you could just keep adding a couple of days to be sure. May as well stop at 10 :)

Congrats and well done!

• Like 1