bettaash

PK Marble Male

Hello just wanting to know what you think of my fish :) He is a male PK marble Dragon. Under 1 year old.

I do not show fish, but would like to start a PK line one day, so just wanting to know his good points and bad points if he was to be used for breeding :)

Thanks for your comments :)

10491208_1508185549393420_86642483063772

• Like 1

Where's Ness - she usually loves to jump in here :)

For what it's worth...he's a nice looking fish but when it comes to judging against the standards I think there may be a few things which he will get marked down for, and which you can aim to improve as you begin to look for a mate to start your own line. Now, I'm no judge so I'm only going on what I think is right and I'm happy to be corrected by the qualified judges we have whop haunt the forum.

Top line - from snout to dorsal: from the pic, it looks like it could be smoother, but it could just be the angle...

Top line - from dorsal to peduncle: looks good

Dorsal: nice base and the first couple of rays are pointing forward, which is a good sign, but I don't think is judged as a preferred trait (but is good for breeding purposes).

Caudal: First and last rays would be a minor fault as they aren't long enough to create the nice sharp points the judges would be looking for to form the true letter D shape.

Anal: I'm not sure on the judging for this. It's lacking an actual point, so whether traditional or show plakat standards, I think it may be a fault.

Ventrals: Are split and therefore a minor fault I think. Not sure if this would be marked heavier because there are three points instead of one or two. In breeding, I would definitely be looking for a partner with single point ventrals.

That's about all I know, and how I would look at this fish if I was thinking about finding a partner for him.

Hope that helps...

Ha - only just realised this was you Ash :)

Edited by Brenton

Love his colours. Form-wise he is closest to a traditional. But his anal fin needs to come to an elongated point and his ventrals are a little on the short side for a traditional plakat.