dwalk

B. Macrostoma spawn

Hey everyone,

I got a pair of Macrostomas a month ago, I've had them in a 6 foot planted tank feeding them heaps of pellets, frozen brine shrimp and blackworms. They have been feeding really well and eat everything i put in there, including my fingers. So friendly and been fantastic fish. I came home today to feed the Macs and found the boy with a massive mouth, hiding up the back. First time they have spawned and I'm hopeful he holds onto them. I will try get some photos up soon.

• Like 1

CONGRATSSSSSSS :woohoo:
Our boys been holding to but he keeps on swallowing around day 3-4 hopefully you have more luck!

he swallowed them unfortunately... :sad:

but it was the first time so was kinda expecting it. Hopefully next time he will hold them all the way through and nice to know I can get the conditions right for them to breed.

Im hoping so, plenty of food and they should go again soon enough. I got them from Coburg aquarium.

my latest male released about 7 fry last week...having kept them about 2 years now, I have come to the conclusion that some males will never hold regardless of the water conditions, some will hold under the right water conditions and others will hold regardless.

Good luck!

IMG_20140807_075318_1_zpsgcsw2i23.jpg