endlers in aus

maddzvk

Yeah that's kinda in the back of my mind as well. I think it might be the absence of blue in the dorsal. I didn't know about completely clear. Gosh what bunch of experts we are, not! Hahaha. But really, the horse has well and truly bolted as far as Endler hybridization is concerned. Prof. Endler said not to get too hung up on it and to just enjoy the fish.

I feel this is a similar topic to that with wild bettas.

I feel that unless you bought your endlers as a wild strain, you shouldn't try to label them as such.

Label them as aquarium strain. Or just as the colour pattern they are.

Again just my view, prefer to keep things correct rather than guessing.

I was only stating it. I did a little reading on the classification of the P. wingei and they said that the dorsal was clear or dotted with black.

The only difference between the female of P. reticulata and P. wingei is that the wingei has a slightly more metallic sheen but otherwise they are drab.

There's a few other differences but they're almost impossible to see without microscopes.

As James said, it's almost easier to not call them pure but as an aquarium strain. My only tips is to ensure you label where the fry come fry so you don't mix a hybridized colour form with a mostly pure colour form :)