endlers in aus

maddzvk

just taking stock
who is currently keeping endlers??
what species are you keeping? (and classification? if possible)
i'm thinking of getting some endlers but obviously they arent something every LFS stocks and AI's had pretty limited species coming through so thought i'd see what other keepers have at the moment :)

i know most are hybrids :)
i though black bar was one of the native wild types (N class strain)
like i said i mostly want to see what others are keeping in aus
if i get some id probably prefer to get them from hobbiests since the ones in shops are severly limited and dont hear much bout them :)

Edited by maddzvk

thanks for that ive actually found it really hard to find the info i want on endlers so im a bit every where.
had guppies before they thrived sold there fry to the LFS which got me out first betta breeding tank :)
that was a while ago though im very excited to get some endlers though but yes wanted to see what other people were keeping a sthe ones in shops are very limited :)

i think the most obvious person to ask for fish is Mr Rod.....as a collector he has the biggest collection and he know most breeders and all things that related to Endlers and Wingei. If you wish to know more then why not use the universal translator "google" and type in Endlers Livebearer or Poecilia Wingei.....it will take you a month to read all that infor...hihi..

Edited by kangakoi

I am sorry but it is impossible to compile a list of Wingei and Endlers keepers in Australia as the Wingei keepers will just not going to distributed their fish freely just becuase of $ as they fear that as soon as they releasing their "Jewels" fish will immedaitelly get hybridise and "Evil" keepers will just keep on cheat and lies about the purity of stocks as per Europe and US.

If you dont like the infor on the net then My only sugeestion to you is to Go to EndlersUSA forum and read the whole site start from the begining....there is no movie version for this...hihihi...

• Like 1

Kangakoi I think your missing the point of this topic, the question was who is keeping what strains/species.

If it's possible to compile a general list of people keeping wild bettas, I'm sure it's possible to do the same with pure endlers, even if not your prized stock.

Even with that I'm sure people would sell fry from their best lines, as members have posted in the past what they keep.

ive asked micheal to delete this thread.
besides him no ones answered my initial question which was "what hobbyist have in australia" as i would like to get some
i didnt think it was so hard to say "not many pure endler about plenty of hybrids though.
I know ...(n class in wa with kev, platinum pink with roydy, blackbar with greg) are about maybe ask them. and endlers usa has some good info though it might take some searching to get the info you want"

Delete, Why? I remember when I first start with Wingei I was actually looking for cold water guppy to put into my koi filter tanks....two months later I ended up with some horrid, appalling, sorry looking bunch of Endlers you ever seen.....then things changed as I go deeper....if anyone have a chance please ask Kev and let him tell you what Pure Wingei look like and why all the fuss are all about......you could say that the wingei keepers is a bunch of fanatic and idiotic as far as to why they would get a second job than sale, give their wingei stock to a wrong person......One word....Respect.....we Respect Sifu Adrian, the hobbyist who started the crazy...and we respect each others as Wingei keepers as we owned to ourself to perverse guppy that look like a neon testra.....Mr Rod mentioned so many things and yet still no break through and for that he deserve a pat on the back. Mr Rod Please don't delete your posts......

The internet is a great tool for anyone who in needs.....education, knowledge is not sellable and only granded for those who seek, paying attention and learn....unless you going through the pains you would not understand to why the fusses.....please note that an Wingei is not an Endler and an Endler cannot and will not be Wingei......over time the differences will show up in your tanks.....

Michael please do not delete this thread as this thread is as much as our as Maddzvk.....we did not said anything that vulga or we did not discuss Australian politics so why do we need to delete a perfect thread like this? Please read on and on and on if you are truly interested in these fish start with EndlersUSA forum and please hurry as they are about to move and will not know what will happen once they do....Wingei is not as simple as some uneducated persons may think and you will realised this over time.....I still not answered the original questions of maddzvk but I am getting there.......

How am I doing Mr Rod?

that ok Sir, we will get there......

buy the way....do you know anything about forum servers and what we may need for a new forum.....I need help over there.....that way.....if you could please ask around.....I am sure you have mates who does.....thank you Mr Rod.

Hi maddzvk, I have a hybrid collection which includes snake skins,cobra,red chilli,platinum pink,

Double sword tails(various colours),neon tuxedos which are awesome,orange,gold,black bar,

Red line,blue and a few others.

Cheers matt

Hey roydy thanks for answering

I quite like some of the hybrids especially because sourcing anything is so hard especially especially starting out :)

We have red lines which have fry as of today as well as getting gold leopard and black bar this weekend ish will be seeing kev in wa at the end of the month too so I look forward to seeing his n class endlers, wild bettas an apistogramma collections :)

• 7 months later...

I'm keeping black bar endlers right now, I bought them from an excellent aquarium store in Sydney. I was told they were pure endlers, but they could only give me very limited information. I'd call them N or P class. So far they have had 8 babies among the 5 females. I've only had them 2 months.

i ended up with an endler through symphony , only since my new tank has been up and running have i been able to isolate him , the coloring i can already see in he's offspring at 3-4 weeks i'm second guessing isolating him , think i may be letting him loose again from what i'm seeing in he's offspring but it's only early days and the colors aren't all that clear being only 3-4 weeks old

sorry not sure on class but is a black bar and has blue in the dorsal which i'm led to believe is closer to the wild type?

Edited by roger

I had a conversation with a friend a long time ago about how to determine a pure endler. He had a book that was on guppy genetics and I remember him saying that the dorsal needs to be clear to be classed as a pure endler. Can't for the life of me remember the said book that it was in though.