Hachi

PF301013 Copper Sandstorm HM Pair

I've been a lazy lazy boy!

Alright, so I bought this pair about 3 months ago. I fell in love with the males cadual shape and decided I would breed these guys (even though I've never really had luck with longfin bettas)

Sire:
iwvd.jpg

Dame:

cwsh.jpg

I really need to remind myself to take photos of females BEFORE I put them in a spawn tank.

Cool - I wish my males would blow a nest like that...or a third of that...or even one or two bubbles would be fine with me...;)

Yea, he decided that he was challenging himself to cover the whole tank in bubbles. He didn't succeed but gave it a good try though!

Ok ok! Time for fry pictures. These guys are 6 weeks old and as you can see alot of fry size discrepancies

2eaq.jpg

l9nu.jpg

7s5h.jpg

f6ra.jpg

o1y8.jpg.

I'm contemplating buying a 120L tub so I can put the smaller fry in it for less competition. And I can take photos of the big pretty fry ;)

When are you planning to jar your fry?

Also since Brenton asked me the other week how do you decide when to jar fry is it a size, age or aggression thing?

There's always descrepency even our black lace x copper spawn the smallest are still tiny even at 8 weeks.

The copper should really start to pop in the next two weeks though on your fry :)

Oh also week five how are the ventrals coming along!

haha i can see some on a comp to but i was on my phone. a bit funny there was a patch when everyone had some hands free fry and now its reversed :)

Yea, can't see any hands free babies but I haven't seen them all and some are still tiny.

The copper is very easy to notice when shining a torch over the babies but the cameras doesn't pick that up.

I generally jar once you can tell that there are certain fry whom are bigger than the rest. This spawn I'm going to try and raise them together in the tank for as long as possible (I've got no spare jars at the moment :( )

I'll aim to post some photos up weekly for you maddie just so you can drool over the copper development :)

These spawn has been the slowest growing spawn I have ever seen :(

Been pumping them full of protein the last week and its finally taking some effect. In all hopes there may be some worth actually jarring within a week or 2. *Mumbles something about slow growing fish*

• Like 1