DenningA.Rajit

Lavender Multicolour HM Plakat F1 spawn log

Thanks for the like Brenton,

The male is not a dragon but it has the lineage of dragon genes in him from the father which was evidently found in his siblings.

Both male and female carries the metallic/lavender gene.

Babies are now 2 to 3 weeks old. Aiming to see if I can get some of the babies ready for the next vic ibc show next year.

Nice work =D im a fan of these guys i regret not purchasing one last meet heh!

Scales on the male look a little heavier than the norm is what made me ask...not surprised to see it found it's way into his siblings. As it's supposedly a partially dominant gene but not always 'on', then it also wouldn't be a surprise if it found it's way into this fella's spawn either. Couple that with the metallic modifiers...could be an interesting result on the offering...

Brenton,

Thank you for your observation. I am not familiar with the dragon coverage in bettas. I will have to wait and see how the fry turn out to confirm its coverage. At the moment, its really an experiment F1 spawn.

You've got a few months till IBC so you should be able to raise them by then :)

look forward to seeing them...and seeing fry shots before as well :)

The largest of the fry are showing ventrals.

They are approximately 3 - 4 weeks of age. I decided to limit the feed of bbs and start them on grindal worms. Hopefully the runt will catch up and largest of the fry will develop nicely.

Brenton, some measurement for you.

Largest fry measured approx. 0.5 cm

The largest of the runt approx. 0.3 cm.

Will be transferring them into a 100 litre tub soon once my pay day arrives. :P

Colour of the fry range from copper with some butterfly bands to iridiscent blues.

Some fry are showing potential with large caudal and some are showing broad dorsal.

Can't wait for them to reach to 8 - 10 week old when I can see and cull the fry that doesnt match my breeding goals.

Edited by drajit82

Its been awhile. Thought of updating this log as it is due for some.

fry I think roughly 6 week old. I lost count on how many weeks they are since the holidays started. Too much merrying and sleeping and busy with real life to take note of that

Most of the babies are showing white bodied with butterfly bands. Some pale bodied with red fins and some show a touch of teal on their bodies and blue fins.

I don't have photos of them at this stage as I am waiting for them to grow up faster for me to jar them up.