bettaash

unknown male betta

Hello

I have recently had my first spawn (a little over 2 months ago) and I have a photo of one of the males of the fry.

His not the largest, but above average size.

I also do not know what type of Betta he is as both parents were brought from a local pet shop, both now dec and I don't have photos of them to look back on (It never occurred to me to take a photo as I really didn't know what I was photographing, and terrible with the camera at the best of times!!)

I would like some feedback on him, as I am wanting to breed my HM pair (and I am not sure if they would be considered a healthy fish or good form) so I thought I would start with my current fry to learn the yes and no's in what a betta should look like.

I hope I make sense, I am not aware of the lingo as I am only just beginning!

Thanks all.

779c50f2-8a43-401a-8108-2d15132ea439_zps

I actually really like this little fish.
He's what I would describe as a wild type plakat (there are several different types of Plakat, so in a class I would probably judge him against the wild pk type standard)
Here's an image of the body parts that will get mentioned :
betta_fish_anatomy.png

He has rounded edges in the caudal, so it's not really a D shape more of a O, this is typical of the wild types. He has a typical Asymmetrical anal fin, which could be a little longer. His dorsal is a nice shape (with the point at the back an acceptable form of dorsal shape - and the ventrals are a little light on.
Assuming he's a young fish - his body type is light for Plakat, so lets hope he bulks out at the gym.

Otherwise he seems a really lovely little creature, I'm sure he's feisty as hell - he's got that look in his eye (:

Nice fish

Unusual that he has no colour at all on his gill plates. Is that just because of the angle of the photo? Have a close look at him with a torch and see if he has any colour on his gill plates. In particular see if they are red or green.

will do that! thanks. will let you know how I go. What would it mean if he does or doesn't have colour on them??