Curious_Chaos

Platinum Dragon x Platinum Dragon HM spawn

Spawned my import Platinum Dragons with Red Fins from Banglean betta. These guys are young (female didn't even look gravid) and got maybe 30-40 fry if that. Still, if even 5 of those are platinum Dragons I will be VERY pleased. Interested in seeing what colour fins I get and whether I get anything unexpected (eg red loss, marble, coppers etc).

These guys will be in the tank again next year for a retry- I've high hopes for starting some good platinum dragon HM lines.

null_zps8dc51255.jpg

null_zpsd91664c4.jpg

null_zpsbb2d995e.jpg

null_zps58a87f7d.jpg

Don't see any marble here, or red loss. Not sure about the metallic side of things...

According to the colour chart it is likely you have extended red blonde dragons here. Dragon may carry additional modifiers which may give you the metallic you're after, but I'd be guessing that you'll be looking more likely to have a spawn of beautiful little Er Bb dragons just like mum ;)/> Mum may be a blonde carrier but she doesn't seem as bright red as the male, so your fry may carry the blonde gene but it probably wont show.

Edited by Brenton

Well both of these parents died unfortunately. Dad met with a freak accident involving sudden water ph change (my fault, purigen wasn't rinsed enough apparently after I cleaned it in bleach :( ) and mum passed away while I was in the Uk (nearly made it, but died just before i returned home of unknown causes- probably poor water quality or maybe killed by the males in there which i had thought were females before I left).

Good news though, I've got a STUNNING lot of young fish ranging from just like dad to somewhat like mum. One of them is most definitely male and most gorgeous. I'll be keeping several of these guys to continue my platinum dragon lines, and I'd like to add some different colours too my gene pool eventually. Roughly half are quite large, and the other half have a lot of growing to do- but considering that for half their life they were pet sat in suboptimal conditions I'm amazed they're all still alive! I even found one that hadn't been fed for 5 weeks as it was still out the back in the original spawn tank! Tough little dudes!

null_zps8ad3704f.jpg boy

null_zpsbf80bfd3.jpg example of the others