JayM

Black orchid CT x CT

some very nice black showing, congrats!

never much been into crowns myself, but i've heard that uv's good for strengthening/straightening the rays so maybe a little sunshine is in order?

(be careful about cooking them though!)

I'm just imagining having bettas on a banana lounge with a hat and pair of sunnies on.

Who is good at photoshop?

I'm just imagining having bettas on a banana lounge with a hat and pair of sunnies on.

Who is good at photoshop?

LOL no good at photoshop though.

Sat, 9th Nov 2013 7wks old

Weekly updates from now on. :) They're all eating brine shrimp pellets, frozen bloodworms or mysis shrimp but yet to try flakes.

Looks like around 5 females & 16 males.

0742.jpg

bbd9c4b6-650b-47be-8719-1ed3cff7f3aa.jpg

c9131bec-4779-4cc6-a93d-a01ef688b426.jpg

0822b523-27d6-4ea2-a8c5-ca90502d104a.jpg

00f06ff9-447d-452d-8c53-40864da2597a.jpg

I hate when that happens. I accidentally siphoned an adult female that I was conditioning for breeding today. Her fins are a bit scrappy but she seems to be swimming around ok and she did accept food hopefully she's fine. But I don't think she'll be going in the spawn tank any time soon.

Razz, speaking of conditioning fish for breeding, are you tempted to come join the CTPK project? We'd love to have you :thumbs:

I hate when that happens. I accidentally siphoned an adult female that I was conditioning for breeding today. Her fins are a bit scrappy but she seems to be swimming around ok and she did accept food hopefully she's fine. But I don't think she'll be going in the spawn tank any time soon.

I got distracted for 1 sec & bam. It was a female too.

I'm always tempted to start a new project. And maybe as soon as I get started on my other projects I might consider the CTPK project. For the moment I'll have to resist. :)

54 day old photos :D

FEMALE, keeping her

cc3cf8ed-e52e-4a93-abde-aaf78f983a11.jpg

MALE, keeping & his name is Sheldon :D Thanks for your help Brenton

e7cb9b18-ecac-494b-b21c-bfba5d13e968.jpg

2f1fa620-5697-40ab-ba0e-04b31c37589e.jpg

56c7f523-707b-4732-a485-7b42f706ef83.jpg

ae97d3d6-21d2-41d8-b54c-e3bc5655482b.jpg

23rd Nov 2013 9wks old

Nothing changed really. 7 are jarred & all growing great. Would be fun having them this little, they are so damn cute.

I've been off the forum for a few months, but I love coming back to a spawn log that someone's put a lot of effort into.
These shots are great - the iPone has done well for you! ...so have the fish!

Mum's red wash under the metallic has come through predictably, but you've got that great "Red Devil" effect (black trim) which I secretly really like.
Where was dad from? He's a stunner.

Well done.

I've been off the forum for a few months, but I love coming back to a spawn log that someone's put a lot of effort into.

These shots are great - the iPone has done well for you! ...so have the fish!

Mum's red wash under the metallic has come through predictably, but you've got that great "Red Devil" effect (black trim) which I secretly really like.

Where was dad from? He's a stunner.

Well done.

Thanks. Most of the newer photos are taken with a panasonic lumix. :) I think the black trim is lovely too.

Dad & Mum were just from our local pet shop. :)

How did I miss this spawn log??? Well done :D I love watching baby CTs grow - especially as the boys sprout!

You have a really good colour mix to choose from should you wish to breed the next generation. I wish you well, you've done a great job!

Yellow-Icon_zpsac250c40.jpg

How did I miss this spawn log??? Well done :D I love watching baby CTs grow - especially as the boys sprout!

You have a really good colour mix to choose from should you wish to breed the next generation. I wish you well, you've done a great job!

Yellow-Icon_zpsac250c40.jpg

LOL. The boys have been amazing to watch & I'm very happy with their colours. :)

We've kept Sheldon & Princess so they'll be our F2. :wub:

:crowntail: