Hachi

PF200913 Blue Splash HMPK Spawn

The long awaited update.

No photos of the biggest jarred out fishy (didn't like the lights being turned on :( )

The smaller two jarred out having a flare off.

2sw5.jpg

whun.jpg

Funny anal tail

d02m.jpg

Small fishies still

5hpz.jpg

The curse (or gift?) of the marble has struck again!

This little fella has decided he doesnt like being a royal blue dark body fry today and has started marbling. :)

Original photo a week ago:

2sw5.jpg

whun.jpg

Today:

u6n1.jpg

Its a poor photo but his body and parts of the anal tail has started to go white and grizzled just like his mother.

Edited by Hachi

Well almost 13 weeks down (I think?).

First up we've got the biggest boy from the spawn

y4q4.jpg

To follow him is a collage of the pretty marble boy from the last post :)

5jx5.jpg

lbjz.jpg

Pretty blue eyes :D

opby.jpg

Oh and some fishies still in a grow out tank.

7dic.jpg

Enjoy all and I hope my poor photography doesn't scar your eyes too much!

Edited by Hachi

Wow the father is beautiful ! Very impressive you can see his great form being passed on to your fry already they are very tidy !

Thank you very much. The marble boy is lining up to be the next generation breeder but we shall see. There's still 9 in the grow out and I only see one or 2 hands free :)

Nothing really new to put up. The biggest marbled white like another of his siblings and got individually jarred today otherwise nothing noteworthy :)

:) Yep! No measurements at all! I'm too lazy to pop my little fishie ruler out (Yes I have one just for the fish room).

Ok 12 weeks 5 days

Mr. Big ~35-40mm

Avg 28mm

Runt 20mm

I'll copy and paste this into your thread when I get home. No other measurements on me haha

Pissed off at myself for missing it so long. Turns out that 7 out of the 9 fish in the grow out have the slightest bent spine at the peduncle. They aren't full size yet so was wondering if they will grow out of it or is it better to just cull now and jar the last 2 out of the growout?

Damn - know what you mean though...four of my seven from CTPK #1 have SBD. Trying to correct with diet but doesnt seem to be having much effect. Once I get my second barracks (for Xmas :D ), then I'll jar out the three good ones and cull the remainder :(

I don't think the bent spine will grow out at this point. If it's only slight you might chance another generation and see how they turn out.

Yes, I think I have to go through them and decide which treats my oscar is getting. I have a few that don't have bent spines so fingers crossed they are good enough to carry onto the next generation. :(

Guess I'll spend the next 15 minutes culling. This is the only downer of breeding fish unfortunately.

Almsot a month on with no updates. I've got 6 babies out of this. 4 males and 2 female. They're still a little undersized for my liking. The females seemed to have marbled to a blue and white mix. Whereas all the males bar 1 are white dragons with parts of cellophane in their unpaired fins.

I shall endeavor to grab some photos today and post them up. Unfortunately, it's appeared the nicest male I want to continue the line isn't a HMPK so I shall be working that back in hopefully :)

Lazy :) Haven't been doing alot with the fish the last few days, it's on tomorrow agenda?