PF200913 Blue Splash HMPK Spawn

Sire: Bred by Majcha Farm, Thailand

ghjx.jpg

dlce.jpg

Dame: Unknown Breeder

wx8g.jpg

Poor photo of the female, I hope to grab a better one soon. :)/>/>

Hatch Date: 20/9/2013

Expectations/Aims: This spawn is aimed towards creating a true blue dragon as conceptualised by Betta Territory (Joep), even if it is in the form of a marbling. I chose the male as he already has the basis of what I am aiming for and the female should help to extend the blue into the dorsal.

2/10/2013: ~2 weeks old, feeding well on BBS.

8/10/2013: 2.5 weeks old. Loving live baby brine shrimp. Size is progressing well so far. Seen good growth within the last week. Will update by the weekend with photos. I hope to be putting pictures up weekly or at least fortnightly at the worst.

Love the male. Looking forward to seeing abetter pic of the girlie...and lots of pics of the fry!

:)

Only downer with the male is his TINY dorsal. Females is a bit better. I completely didn't realize I had no flaring picture of here before she went into spawn tank, now I'm just healing up some fins and getting her pretty again. Probably will have fry pictures and female pics on the weekend :)

Its a very narrow base. I've never seen him actually open up his dorsal fully in the 4-5 months I have owned the guy. The female's has a better spread so it should work out better in this generation. So far the fry are looking pretty good for dorsals, but then again I can only just start to see them!

Naughty me for not updating. I plan to put up pictures once I get home tonight.

I've counted somewhere between a dozen to 15 fry. Nice little spawn for me to work on. I've seen two types of blue iridescence from what I believe (oh and possibly a copper... eeeeeee!!!).

Anyways, thank you for the comments so far.

Well the worst of news. I came home yesterday from a Betta Australis dinner/being out all day to find I had lost 3 females (all in separate systems). Among the females was the dame of this spawn unfortunately. At least I had her babies to continue her legacy :)

Bummer - so for your losses mate.

Here's hoping all goes well with this spawn from here on in.

Thanks mate. I learnt a few good things last night from Hermanus and the experienced qld breeders, so shall be adapting my own techniques for betta results hopefully.

That should have read 'sorry for your losses'...

If you have some new techniques, dont be shy in letting us know...;)

We could all do with more success in the spawn tank :)

I didn't even notice you're missing letters.

As for new techniques, I have to try them first, don't want to be giving wrong advice ;)

Yeah...because I'm sure Hermanus is likely to give you (or anyone for that matter) wrong advice...not! ;)

Lovely colouring on the male, not exactly IBC correct, but it's really lovely.

I wonder if you put him to a DT PK with marbling what sort of effect you might achieve, it would certainly broaden the dorsal etc.

Personally I'd be putting a little more love into the selection of a female to compliment his flaws - but hopefully you start seeing some good results with the fry soon.

Keep us posted (:

Time for the long awaited updates!

11\10\2013: 3 Weeks old (And here are the pictures!)

tlgi.jpg

vpcg.jpg

5nhk.jpg

But wait, there's more!

Edited by Hachi

23/10/2013: Almost 5 weeks old. Seeing various shades of metallic blues and the tiniest hint of an red (possibly orange).

c8fz.jpg

t3sl.jpg

w8vn.jpg

It appears I have a photobombing catfish now :)

Anyways, enough torture of my horrible photography for now. Hope to update next week :)

I've been so lazy with not taking pictures (fishies are tooooooo fast!).

I've counted about 12. There is definitely an alpha male which I may have to consider jarring out sooner rather than later.

7 and half weeks old. I'll grab pictures later tonight and post them up (if I'm successful).

About 8 weeks old now.

u30x.jpg

x0h5.jpg

2vyh.jpg

50t1.jpg

00bc.jpg

Sorry about the delay! Been so lazy with uploading the photos.

Alright. No photos this time. Its week 10 now.

So far I've jarred 3 little boys into the barracks due to being at least double the size of the others (No aggression so far).

The other 9 are growing nicely now the big boys are out. Will grab pictures on the weekend and post up :)

• Like 1

I'm slack and wasn't home much of the weekend! ;)

Besides it's Still the weekend somewhere in the world ;)

Yeah, yeah - that arguement may buy you another day, but we'll not entertain thoughts of it being the weekend on Mars or Titan or Alpha Centauri... ;)

We needs our photo fixes :D...precious...

Edited by Brenton