Curious_Chaos

Royal Blue and White "Monster" HM x White marble Hm

A spontaneous spawning attempt between by much loved and much dishevelled Royal Blue metalic and White monster (marble) "Kahtoy" with the White and Blue Marble female (RIP- suicide jumper) who was also the mother of the Platinum dragon spawn from June has resulted in around 40 5 week old fry. Dad has the WORST fin rot despite constant treatments including prescription drugs and even had columnaris which ate off his mouth, but still managed to produce a lovely spawn- This is one tough fish!

Kahtoy came 3rd at the VicBetta show in April and was verbally appraised as being an amazing specimen despite his horrible fin rot which left him looking like a CT at the June show... So I have BIG expectations of his fry.

Going strong, already eating frozen worms and tuna flakes. Still big fans of BBS.

Definitely a lot more blues, and some platinum/white babies but still curiously some darker ones. I am seriously wondering about what mum's genetics were to be throwing all of these dark coppper/metalics out!

:poke:/>Slack

:protest:/> We want pics...when do we want them,,,now...what do we want....pics...when do we want them....now!

(rinse and repeat :P)

HAHA ok I will put some up later. Geeeez so demanding on this forum >.>

Babies looking various shades of Blue/Metalic at about 6 weeks old- moving them from BBS to live black worms with mixed sucess this weekend gone (ran out of bs eggs lol). But I will persist!

Most of these guys just turned out varying shades of blue or silver coppers. A few of them are ROYAL blue! However, I have two "blue" girls that have turned basically white due to marbling, I'm still waiting to see what they will look like when they are done changing but right now they have blue moustaches and white bodies- quite amusing.

Majority of them are sold now..

null_zpsb8a3bbbb.jpg. This girl is now almost totally white except for some fin colour and her moustache.

null_zps7ce9528c.jpg