Sign in to follow this  
Callatya

Shelldwellers

*sigh* so I might be moving into the realm of bully fish. Does anyone here keep shellies? If so, what types and what size tanks? I'm considering a small colony of multis in the AR380 (I can't see marine happening in this nasty heat) but i'm curius as to what everyone else is doing :(

They should go great in that as I keep mine in a 18" cube tank and they breed as well in there they are a great little fish.

I'm considering shellies too. I have decided to set up a 2'-ish tank for some. Today I bought 10kg of white sand for the tank. Previously I had a colony of brichardi for a few years. Are they shelldwellers, as a matter of definition though?

What size foot print does the AR380 have?

Multis are the most communal of the shelldwellers and are more tolerant of each other.

Brevis seem happier in pairs but don't mind living in groups in some situations. Their behaviour is pretty boring compared to other shelldwellers, still good little fish though.

Ocelatus are jerks. Hate anything that moves, including the aquarist. Probably one of my favourite shellies.

All easy to care for and require pretty much the same care.

Previously I had a colony of brichardi for a few years. Are they shelldwellers, as a matter of definition though?

Brichardi are considered rock dwellers.

:( They did like their rocks :( Are L. meleagris/stappersi available in Australia, does anyone know? (sorry if that's a hijack, Abs. It's just a little one :D ).

Im having a dwarf cichlid tank also :( we thought that the 3 of us would all have a different cichlid, so since abbey wants the multis, i was thinking of going with brichadi's :(

I have multifas, hecqui, brevis and caudopunctatus. lost my Ocellatus though - bummer. I'm a BIG shelly fan!!!

Or try a food wholesaler I know that there is a place in noosa that sells them by the box I will see if I can get a name and phone number for you.

I'm sure this is it Markris Foods 07 54499466 I got a box a few years ago they were about $26 a box back then not sure what they are now but it was a large box.

Sign in to follow this