Sign in to follow this  
maddzvk

wild bettas australia

There is now a wild bettas aus page on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/487409304675709/

The main aim of the group is to INCREASE and IMPROVE WILD BETTA KEEPING in Australia for everyone.

This will be where:

You can advertise fish you are after

You can advertise offspring you wish to sell.

You can show of your wild Betta pictures showing the beauty and diversity of as many species as we can.

You can seeking advice, knowledge etc from other keepers.

We will also be aiming to improve record keeping for wild Betta keeping and breeding (an original part in the SMP, http://smp.ibcbettas.org/Pages/complex.html)

We are currently focusing on:

living/spawning conditions for various wilds

rough growth of species(concentrating on how big or at what age can you sex them).

I just joined. I think it will be a good way to track what species are being kept and bred in Australia. I noticed some mention of the iridovirus again on another forum, and I think we are going to have to be mindful of the possible ramifications on the continued maintenance of wild betta species if anything is passed in regards to the importation of anabantoids.

Feel free to write a post on it ash. I do remember talk Of this a while go but then nothing came from it but always good to be up to date and know about it at least

species survey poll has been answered. if you keep wilds please join the group and let us know which ones

added not answered. if you have wilds. please help us by joining the group wild bettas australia. then answering the poll of which wilds you keep this will help us know which ones are being kept in aus and will help with finding new blood for existing lines

Sign in to follow this