les

Red guppies

I thought I would just post how well some of the guppies are going

IMG_0362.jpg

This was one of the males that I kepy from a male that was much smaller than this one but looked the same.

IMG_0854.jpg

After a few drops and a lot of selection I got these guys there was only two

IMG_1825_zps58cb677f.jpg

And now after a few gens and a lot of selection I have these guys. who would have thought that there was light at the end of a tunnel

I now have putt the two best males with all of there sisters and hopefully I will get even more red coverage. It seem like a long process but it is satisfying.

Cheers

Les:byebye:/>

Congrats on your next generation of guppys,great colours.you would of spent ages trying to take the photos,as guppys

Never stay still for that perfect photo.

Good work Les. During the selection process did you try to keep the females virgin until you chose a male for them? Or did you use a group spawning method?

Thanks guys

@ Razzi

Up untill now I have used the virgin but now I am at this stage I am turning over to group matting all the best girls with the best boys ( I only had two boys that I realy liked , the rest went to the shop. I will select from this lots drop two trios and then from that I will cross each with the other so that I have four trios. This would mean that each female once the four trios were there would be mated to a second cousin / cousin once removed. This way I should have no problems with inbreeding depresion and the line should maintain its fertility..

@ drajit

I think the explanation I gave Razzi covers your question.

Cheers

Les