My new fishroom

Bettarazzi

I was really organised. All tanks had a small container of food on top. All I had to do was give a demo to show how much food to put in. There were no fry. All fish happily ate dry food. And everything was there on the one rack.

No the tanks don't drain into the plumbing yet. Really need to get the larger tanks connected soon. Haven't given the angel fry a water change since they hatched.

Hey Razzi

Looking good. You put way more effort into your stands than I did. I think your method for going away is the one I will take I will leave a to do sheet and take the wife through it at least twice. Did you leave your partner with an emergancy contact number for a friend just incase?? I have a friend I am thinking of asking but only for emergancy.

Cheers

les

Really struggled to motivate myself to finish this. In my defence there have been just a few other things stealing my attention eg organising Australia's first ever IBC International Show! However, I have advanced a little bit further. Still not finished. You can see a clamp holding it together. Lots more screws to go in. Need to cut boards for each level. But it's reasonable enough progress to post a pic, no? Or do you guys just want me to hold off until it's all done?

This rack will hold 15 x 2ft tanks plus 2 x 200lt food grade plastic containers which will be for ageing water.

Bloody hell. I always feel guilty whenever someone bumps this thread. A lot on my mind at the moment. Both at home and at work. The home stuff is the fun stuff (okay sometimes not so fun) that I'd rather be doing. The nonsense that goes on at work is what makes me only do the things at home that ensure that fish don't die and we have a successful IBC sanctioned show in September.

Well I hope I'll be done soon. I have about a hundred baby angels that need more room. At least I've set up the overflow siphon for them now so I can just chuck a bucket of water in there each day and walk away. Still need to do a weekly poop siphon.

I'm so slack. I'll admit it. There is seriously only about 30 minutes work left to finish screwing the next rack together. Then I guess another a couple of hours more to cut more supports for the top and cut boards for each shelf. But once I put that drill down it seems really hard to pick it up again. When I put the power saw down I never want to pick it up again.

Pick a day - Saturday is normally good, but whatever works for you - and stick to it. Get up, get ready and get stuck in.

Not just to finish this bit or that bit - but to finish. If it's going to take more than one day, then fully finish the west wall on one day, fully finish the east wall on another day - but again, finish the section in it's entirity.

And dont do every Saturday, do every second or third Saturday, unless you find the motivation.

If I start something, everything else gets put on hold until it gets done. I'm not a big fan of waiting - waiting for fry to grow is killing me (I'm already considering additional spawns). Power tools can be an issue, but plan your work so you can get it all done in as few visits to the power saw as possible. Line every shelf up and cut to size. Line all your struts up and cut to size. Place all your braces together and drill, etc, etc - just remember to measure twice and cut once ;)

Not far to go now, Michael - you have done so well. One more push should see you through, and you'll be so proud of yourself for having accomplished it. You can then throw the power saw in the back of the shed and never look at it again.