DenningA.Rajit

Salamander HM Pk male X Copper red HM female

Mate, that's okay. I sometimes do that and only realise there it was on previous page. Silly me :P

With the male pk, I think he has some dragon scaling gene in him. I don't know how to tell or test whether he has it in him as this is just one of my experiment spawns.

I'll wait for the outcome of the babies and see how they turn out.

Awesome news! Gave the grindal worms a try with this spawn and they were all over it in a couple minutes. More variety now other than just bbs eggs all the time.

Hopefully that will help with their growth rate.

After a long haul in trying to get the babies to grow, they have finally started to colour up now.

I have a mix bags of dragons, copperish multi colour, opaque multi colour and unknown.

I'm quite pleased with their growth rate. Though, they grow much slower than my Royal blue x turquoise CT spawn.

Feeding them bbs, grindals and had just started them on finely chopped up black worms.

In next few weeks, will be feeding less bbs and more worms. Hopefully, that will give them incentive to grow fatter and larger.

They won't be ready for September though.

Also, I think they are about 5 to 6 weeks of age at the moment.

9182962818_efd9549e64.jpg

9182964850_187e0b6eb5_z.jpg

9180751769_d3b26ab200_z.jpg

Jarred my first two biggest Juvies today.

A cello and a multicolour fish. I am not sure if they are male or female.

I hope this two will be able to grow faster now in their own separate container and be ready for September.

I find larger tanks are good for putting on body size then transfer to a smaller container to grow fins.

Michael,

Thanks for that feedback. I think that observation is accurate from what I have notice in my CT spawn. I will put the other two back into the 3 foot tank tommorow to put on body size.

Michael,

I just taken the two juvis that I jarred temporarily into my growout tank and I first notice that both have longer fins and their colour are more vibrant compare to the rest.

I find that very interesting to see.

But, this time I am focusing on getting their body size to grow much thicker to give them a better look when show time or on display tank.

Edited by drajit82

Okay from my earliest post for this spawn, I roughly calculated that babies are now about 14 - 15 weeks old. Their size are still small to my liking. I will give them another 3 more weeks in the growout tank before I start doing serious jarring.

they look very good! But soooo much pink! Whats going on??? Not a very masculine spawn colour is it? lol

BTW was mum a long fin HM coz they look like they could all be PKs?

Hey Paul,

Yeahh I feel so feminine just watching them do their business. Pink colours all around me.

LOL The only masculine colour was the tinge of metallic blue and the mysterious light effect of the copper layer on all fish.

The mum I hear was a long fin HM. I'm not well inform about the her genetics side.

I'm more a person that like to experiment and see the results.

I have two males that have nice form (masculine colours :P) at this age. Hopefully they will keep their form and become better as they grow more mature.