Sign in to follow this  
trada

Orange Halfmoon Male

559040_532191076792309_1901633336_n.jpg

Hey guys, let me share one type colour of my halfmoon in my farm .. :D

Leave me your critique and advice for this halfmoon ..

Data : Age 3 months, Male, Length 4 cm overall,

Regard's

Trada

Okay, he's an absolutely stunning fish! Awesome colour!

His anal fin is the tiniest bit long, and there are the little ray extensions at the end of the anal. It's most obvious at the part closest to the caudal.

His dorsal fin is really small, should branch across his back further and when he is cut in half, he should be almost symmetrical (top half and bottom half almost the exact same). Looks like his dorsal crosses his caudal as well, and once again the little ray extensions on the fin.

I'd try increasing the number of rays in the dorsal fin. A well picked female is needed, got any the same sort of colour? You've got to make sure the female has a clean cut anal to try and fix the ray extensions in the anal and although hard to find, a female with more dorsal rays.

That's my first attempted critique. Plus my best guess at how to improve! Hope it's all right :D the only thing I don't trust myself with is how to improve him, but I'm confident with the critique!

Nice first attempt at critique Adam.

Trada... he is a lovely orange half moon. Overall he is a beautiful show betta that could easily win prizes in competitions. Adam has pointed out some very minor points that could be improved.

The ray extensions on both that anal and dorsal give the fish a little bit of a frilled edge that is not ideal... but in no way is this unpleasant or a major fault. The overall shape of the fish fits nicely into a circle, but as Adam suggested, the anal and dorsal are just a couple millimeters longer than the caudal.

The dorsal fin has a nice shape, with a long first ray, but ideally the fin would be a little broader to balance out the top and bottom halvesof the fish.

The body conformation is good and straight. There is a little dip in the topline just behind the "nose" which is a feature I like .. but ideally for show fish there should be no dip.

The colour is an intense even orange which is lovely. I cannot see any iridescence on this picture which is good seeing as this is essential for red/orange yellow fish judging.

Edited by paul

Okay, he's an absolutely stunning fish! Awesome colour!

His anal fin is the tiniest bit long, and there are the little ray extensions at the end of the anal. It's most obvious at the part closest to the caudal.

His dorsal fin is really small, should branch across his back further and when he is cut in half, he should be almost symmetrical (top half and bottom half almost the exact same). Looks like his dorsal crosses his caudal as well, and once again the little ray extensions on the fin.

I'd try increasing the number of rays in the dorsal fin. A well picked female is needed, got any the same sort of colour? You've got to make sure the female has a clean cut anal to try and fix the ray extensions in the anal and although hard to find, a female with more dorsal rays.

That's my first attempted critique. Plus my best guess at how to improve! Hope it's all right :D/> the only thing I don't trust myself with is how to improve him, but I'm confident with the critique!

hey adam,

thanks for your critique,

so far I noted :

1. dorsal too small need more bigger and have more branch,

2. ray extention in anal,

my question :

1. A symmetrical fin is very good than not symmetrical ?

2. What the first point , the form or colour ? :)

Hhehehehe just give me more and more your critique mate, and I can learn of your standar ..

Regard's

Trada

Nice first attempt at critique Adam.

Trada... he is a lovely orange half moon. Overall he is a beautiful show betta that could easily win prizes in competitions. Adam has pointed out some very minor points that could be improved.

The ray extensions on both that anal and dorsal give the fish a little bit of a frilled edge that is not ideal... but in no way is this unpleasant or a major fault. The overall shape of the fish fits nicely into a circle, but as Adam suggested, the anal and dorsal are just a couple millimeters longer than the caudal.

The dorsal fin has a nice shape, with a long first ray, but ideally the fin would be a little broader to balance out the top and bottom halvesof the fish.

The body conformation is good and straight. There is a little dip in the topline just behind the "nose" which is a feature I like .. but ideally for show fish there should be no dip.

The colour is an intense even orange which is lovely. I cannot see any iridescence on this picture which is good seeing as this is essential for red/orange yellow fish judging.

Hey Paul , thanks for your critique , :)

same like adam argued , that this fish is have weakness in his dorsal and anal , the dorsal to small and an exntention ray in anal :) ,,

It's to hard to find a clean orange , another his friends have iridescence , like black spot, blink spot, etc ..

Based my experience If we want to fix the spot , We can use water threatment :) , and soon the spot will be fixed ,

Yeahh I agree with you , this orange so nice :) ,.. my buyer always looking this colour, :) ,

Sign in to follow this