Scrappy

HMPK Dragon

Hi guys, just got this boy from Jodie-Lea,

and to me he is absolutely perfect, On the otherhand,

I would love to know your opinions?

I havent gotten a perfect flare picture of him atm, but I think this pic may be enough?

WP_20130214_016.jpg

This is the female.. (sorry not the best picture either)

She is a bit uneven with her dragon scaling?

WP_20130214_009.jpg

Cheers guys,

now let fly! lol *ding ding*

Edited by Scrappy

If that is the same pair I saw in person in store a couple of weeks back, the only thing that stopped me from walking out with them was my low bank balance and the fact that I didn't think they'd survive the trip home in my pockets.

Very nice pair indeed. The male especially reminded me of One I had a couple of years ago. He was my introduction to keeping and breeding short finned Bettas!

Umm.. I swear I put this in Betta Critique?

Any chance could one of the Mods move it over?? :dontknow:

Sorry!

Jarrod, he is my first PK and has given me an appreciation for the short finned types..

Will see where I go in the future!

Edited by Scrappy

Nice pick up Scrappy!

From a critique point of view I'll only comment in the male. He ticks quite a few boxes in terms of form - but I've got no idea how to judge colour for metallic/dragons.

He has a beautiful dorsal fin that is lovely and broad with long front rays. It balances out the fish to make him almost symmetrical top and bottom.

His caudal fin is full without excessive volume, and forms a nice 'D' shape.

The anal fin is nice and fairly typical of a show plakat. .. but in the ideal symmetrical plakat, it would be slightly shorter at the back end making it parallel to the body and matching the dorsal (I've never seen this in reality except in female PKs).

The ventrals are full and a good length, but again in a perfect symmetrical PK they would probably be fatter and a little shorter.

The body conformation is good, but in that photo his posture suggests he is a little hunched over... the ideal is a perfect spindle shape like () turned on its side. I'm sure it's just his pose, but your boy looks to be more (| than ().

He looks great, and I'm sure looks even more impressive while strutting his stuff in real life.

Cheers Paul, looking at it now I think he might have been a little turned.. I'll try get a better picture, but I'm definitely happy with my buy :)

Ive been looking at him since you said so, and he does seem a bit more like (| then ()..

I got some other pictures of him.

WP_20130216_003.jpg

WP_20130216_002.jpg