rainbowfish

Heart broken CT

He tried so hard to impress the ladies I have tried 2 females one experienced and one younger girl. Both barred up but they won't come out of hiding no matter what. He started out very exited and now he is looking sad. He tends his nest and wiggles now and then but it dosn't look like a go ahead :(

Why is it always the fish you want to spawn the most that go wrong? Maybe it is his looks... he is huge black/red with the biggest fins on a CT I have ever seen. First female I tried was a blue red dragon. He damaged her side fin I had to pull her out :( then a little green girl she was too scared. My only other female is in with a plakat male and they look like they will get down to buisness by morning.

*sigh* This CT always has a nest on the go too since I got him. I think I need tougher girls.

The plakats spawned this afternoon I saw a lot of eggs. They look like they might go for round 2. I havnt given up hope on the CT he is still nest building and the young female has been comming over assuming the position but he keeps chasing her off. Silly boy just do it!

Sounds like its not working at present. I also have found that when breeding any animal it always seems that the one you want to breed is always the one that's the hardest. Maybe the male is just not getting the signs from your little girl.