shadoh

Steel Blue HM Pair

This is a pair of 9 month old Steel Blue HM that I bred from a Royal Blue HM pair bought from Jim.

The male was an extremely late bloomer, only sprouting about 6 weeks ago. His finnage is somewhere between HM and HMPK in length. His first 2 dorsal rays are slightly too short to make him a Skyhawk, but he is damn close. That is the direction I plan to take the line if I can get them to spawn.

47FA63FD-4BB4-445B-8BA3-AEFF5A95832C-148

42E39686-B1F8-4A06-BC05-ACF2C8DC5C7F-148

The female came 3rd in her class at the Betta Australis show and was always kept aside to breed should the right male come along. I had planned on breeding her with her 2nd place holding Brother, but he went downhill after the show and I lost him. Her caudal spread is full HM, bordering on Rosetail.

0F19A9F3-66EE-4DED-B507-9BD1F756E901-148

CCDE79D3-9AAF-4AD7-9222-AC44879FF018-148

What are your thoughts?

Hi Jarrod

They are stunning. I realy like the girl, no wonder she got placed. A good steel line can be used for so many other breeding projects I am sure that they will be in high demand. Good luck and may they produce in abundance.

Cheers

Les

Thanks Les. These guys carry marble, black lace and have metallic siblings, so I am sure down the track I might see coppers, black lace and butterflies...

This girl has the best caudal spread of the girls, but not too happy with those first few short dorsal and anal rays. The ray extentions are something all the girls have, but thankfully most of the boys didn't.

The boy is a slight spoonhead (mind you - I kinda like it. Makes him look more aggressive), so the girls topline should smooth that out. All in all, I cannot wait to see the results.

Hi Jarrod

He is not to bad in the spoon department. As this is the first sib matting it will be very intresting what genes pair up, I hope that marble dosnt play to much with your plans as we know how it can jump when it wants to LOL but I am sure this will be a great spawn. I look forward to seeing some fry soon. If you are going after Black Copper I have some girls that will be ready soon if you want?? they also have steel sibs so they might tie in nicely

Cheers

Les

Hi Les,

I was only grasping for straws when looking for faults on the male. He is even more stunning in real life. I don't really think I'll get many marbles (famous last words) I only had a very small percentage of their siblings marble. Had the gene express itself in the males as a butterfly pattern (black banding on fins and red in one case) In the females had a few girls cello out, then slowly gain colour again over time. Black copper might be a good option to cross into the line. Let me know when they are ready and i'll probably grab a couple of girls off you. Feel free to speak up if I ever have anything you are chasing (got a few more steel girls here if you need fresh blood...) I have put one of this pairs Metallic Royal Blue sibling Sisters with a Metallic Royal Blue Marble SD male (impulse buy at the QLDAF Christmas get together), just to push the line in another direction. I LOVE my metallic marbles *lol*

My goal is to produce as much of my own breeding stock in 2013 and keep purchases down to injecting new blood or replacing one of a kind breeding stock.

Cheers

Jarrod

Hey Jarrod

Funny you should say about the red BF as I have just seen one on AB A male that is almost all white with red margin he is absalutly ammazing. I wont buy him but i am sure going to figer out how to produce him. I like your idea for 2013 less buying and more producing. I like the look of royal blue marble I hope that spawn makes the grow out tanks.

To keep purchasing down you are more than welcome to anything in my growout tanks. A mate of mine who runs a wholesale buiness shipping Koi and plants over east has offerd to show me how to set myself up for shipping so in the new year I should be ready for that. I have had a few problems with one carryer of late I wont mention there name on the forum. they recon next day delivery but it just dosnt happen and all I get deliverd is decomposing body soup. it is realy playing havoc with my black worm supply.

Keep the dream alive

Cheers

les