Sign in to follow this  
Mongbean

DIY Co2

Hey Guys,

I have been looking into DIY Co2 but I really want some feedback over the pro's and con's of making one.

Clearly it's a cheaper option to buying a full Co2 setup but with far less control.

It's the less control part I am wary of.

Also what size tank it can be used in.

Any thought around this would be great.

make sure you have one of them bubble counters thats got an overflow area i had the yeast mixture pollute a tank = all kinds of messy but the fish survived !

Yeah that was another worry I had, MY FISH!

But if it works then I want to give it a go due to being such a good low cost solution.

I used a glass diffuser with two coke bottles connected to it. Never had an issue. I say give it a crack. :-)

I have been reading to just plug directly into the canister filter and the impela will defuse it for you.

Or put an air stone on the end.

Just found a place in Annerley, So I will head over this arvo and see what they have. Looks good and well priced

I've connected CO2 to the canister and found it worked well. Just found it annoying refilling the bottles constantly. It's a good way to start out though.

I did not make it to the LFS yesterday but I did look over my Eheim Pro canister and I can plug it in there.

I am looking forward to the impact that it has on the plants in my tank

Sign in to follow this