Sign in to follow this  
forever_and_a_day

brownorumbrownorumbrownorumbrownorum

omigosh i'm so excited!!! I just got my first pair of wilds today from EA!! When I realised they had brownorum in I hurriedly chucked together a tank for them this morning before running out and getting them in after I handed in my last uni assignment. whoot!

I think of them as an almost post exams + early christmas present for my self... they're adorable!!

there was an interesting display when i first put them in the tank as the female set up territory in the coconut cave (technically the boy got there first, but she was having none of it.) The tank has tons of blackworm in it because I stole the blackworm's java moss to put in the tank, but I haven't seen either of them touch the worms yet :confused:

the boy has a cute, tiny splodge of blue on his side and a tail that looks like pacman :lol: girly doesn't seem to have any markings at all - is that normal?

both really, really shy atm, so nothing on the photo front until they get a little braver :)

Didn't quite catch that... what species? :P

Brownorum's are lovely, and yes the blue splotch is normal. Quite a lovely feature I like from them.

Where's the photos?

Congrats on the brownorum. Saw that pair the other day when I was in.

I have noticed a couple of my brownorum are completely lacking in the blue/green blotch department. Can't tell whether this is strictly a male/female thing or occurs in both sexes.

They will probably eat the blackworms when you are not looking, that's what some of my lot do.

If they settle in well they should prove to be good little breeders for you.

thanks guys! photos are here :D had a bit of a scare the other day when the tank went all cloudy but after a 30% wc in the morning and a 50% change late afternoon and replacing the water with an ial brew, it seems to have cleared up - though is it normal for their gills to be constantly moving? (i swear my fancys rarely move their gills unless flaring?) However they seem to have settled in and coloured up very nicely, so I'm hoping it's not a water quality problem? (no filter, just heavily stained water, ial, oakleaves, java moss, java fern and a coconut shell)

male is very cute and much more bold than his girl and already responds to the food pipette!

2e31x1z.jpg

seunfq.jpg

girl is shy as, but has the most amazing red fins

219uxkk.jpg

when the boy flares at the girl he bars up and changes colour really rapidly, but the bars are horizontal? aren't those stress bars? why's he stressed when he's doing the chasing?? :confused:

#trolling through old threads instead of studying ;-;

wow. I barely recognize my broworum male in these pics, he looks so different now - the blotch has gotten much bigger

and that tank looks so sparse compared to what it looks like now :lol:

time for an update soon methinks

finally cleaned out this tank last week as it was looking like one mossy/algae infested mess. I can actually SEE my fish now :lol: and i can now also appreciate the quality of the glass

2it269u.jpg

anyone want to help me confirm if this is indeed a pair? i have seen the no blotch/'female'/brown one bar up vertically before, but i didn't get any spawning happening so i can't be sure what exactly that meant. also the one with a blotch/'male' is very mean - as you can see XD

Hmm, I think you may have a male/female. The one on the bottom looks rather female to me, but I can't be 100% sure.

My previous male used to have times when he was very hard on the female for no reason I could discern *lol*

I love how angry fish from this complex always look.

Sign in to follow this