Chuckie

Notice of resignation of presidency

Hi guys! I have emailed the Society's members already about this, but thought I should post this here as well for anyone who is not yet a member of the Society but who attends our meetings and supports the club via raffle participation and other fundraising.

As you know, the Society’s AGM is being held this weekend at Lidcombe. At that time, I shall be resigning as president of the Society, and seeking nominations for the role of president going forward.

I have really enjoyed my time as president of the Society since its inception 3 years ago, setting up the club and getting it up and running. However, I no longer own any fish, and a number of competing priorities have arisen for me over the last couple of years. I now need to pass the mantle onto someone with the time and enthusiasm to take the Society into the future.

So, please give some consideration to who you would like to see as president of the Society for 2012/2013, and - if you're a member - come along on Saturday ready to vote!

If you are interested in nominating yourself for the role of president, or accepting a nomination, please be aware that because the club is an incorporated association, committee members have legal obligations and reporting responsibilities. You will also need to be willing to execute the paperwork necessary to become the club’s Public Officer, who is legally responsible for the activities of the club.

I look forward to seeing as many of you on Saturday as are able to attend, and finding out who our new president will be!

:cheer:

Sydney Splendens Society M'love

I'd have to change my username..... and I don't want to - plus I can't afford NSW rent.... but Iike the aquarium better than ours.

Lilli - you've done an upstanding job, I hope one of the gang will step up and help to build the little Aussie scene we have quietly growing.

All the best.

x