Chuckie

Sydney betta gathering and SSS AGM

Hello Everyone! The SSS AGM will be on 6.10.12 at 12pm.

Stay tuned for details! :)

If anyone would like to spread the word online, please go for it!

If you have a topic you'd like to do a brief presentation on, please do!

I will bring beanie boxes so we can have another table show.

Can't wait, will be there!

Should be able to bring my copper Hm boy, from the raffle pair from someone last time. Possibly some fry from the other two spawns I have going, depending on their size at the time (they're currently about 3cmish).

Didn't we only just have the AGM a couple months ago?

Hi All

Just an update on this

We will be hosting this in my place at Lidcombe

Please use the below link to register your interest

http://bit.ly/PxxIHd

Hi all

Please also note the change in time...as I am taking in the feedback on how hard it is to get to my place at 2pm

I'll be coming along... :)

Hopefully I can get membership or something....

Would ibhave to bbring some betta?

Lol cause I don't have any... I'm still learning.. :P

Sarah's gonna sell me some as well :D

You're welcome to just bring yourself, and maybe a snack or drink to share, Bwidjaja1.

@ Sarah, the last AGM was 16.10.11! Time flies :)

At the AGM, members are able to vote for the committee for next year. After several years' great service, Nick, our treasurer, will be stepping down, and we thank him very kindly. As we will need a new treasurer, please consider nominating for the role!! It largely entails keeping track of incoming and outgoing funds, and preparing a profit and loss report for the annual AGM.

I have edited the initial post to reflect the new start time of 12pm.

:)

Oh wow, feels like we just had it!

Anyhoo, I'll be there, will bring some stuff for the raffle too. Have just been sexing fry from THIS spawn, and have definite males & females, so will be donating a pair. :)

They're still on the small side for breeding straight away (although they seem pretty keen), so they'll need a tad of growing out first. Plan to be 'officially' moving on the rest in a month or so, so these will be the first out.

Edited by Sarah

I will be there with bells on. Allbeit a little late. Are we bringing the grooming comp fish?

Edited by Zui

This is the male I'll be donating. He's one of the bigger ones so will need less growing out than the others. Constantly nesting.

TERRIBLE iPod quality photo, apologies for that.

He's quite a neat boy, and is a lot more vibrant in real life (again the video quality). Was considering keeping him as a future breeder, but one can only do so many spawns. Matching girlie of similar size.

http://youtu.be/3exEVoaC4KA

Edited by Sarah

I'll try to arrange transport for the meeting, if not someone can come pick up the grooming comp prizes from me and hand them out. So yes, bring your 'fry'.

I can pick you up on my way home from work and drop you off at davos' before returning once i've gone home and got changed if you like.

I'll bring mine. Kinda forgot I had her for a month or so at first, so she isn't the largest there.

Paige said she may not be able to make it, but if she can't she'll drop her fry at my house, and I'll enter them in on her behalf.

I have just emailed notice of the AGM to members. If you are a member and you DON'T get my email, please let me know your current email so I can update our records. Thanks guys!

I shall be bringing my friend along, she's been keen to come for a little while. Only just started up with her first betta I got her, whom she'll be putting in the table show. Royal Blue DDR CT.

He's a bit of a fancy-pants.

Sounds good Zui, we can confirm details closer to the date. :)

No problem

@Davo this isn't the one where there was talk of a barbecue is it? If not when is that I know you said oct some time.