SAF

Ken

This is Ken. I picked him up 2 weeks ago from the local fish store.

Any info on what his genetics are would be awesome.

28t9boz.jpg

20hn0r8.jpg

xol3zp.jpg

and some photo enhancements ...

qn1oh1.jpg

I take it the yellow is an added "enhancement", or you have something that should be genetically impossible :D

You have a nice red dragon HM. Very nice!

Oops, just noticed that this is posted in the critique section and I just did something I hate seeing in this section - A comment on how pretty the fish is with no critique...

It's a little hard to judge his caudal without seeing it fully extended. He looks to be SD to HM. He has a good topline. As Ness has noted, his finnage is a little unbalanced. The anal fin is a little bit too long and his dorsal, although magnificent is a little too high when compared with the caudal. Nice thick ventrals too.

I would also agree that he carries the marble gene.

Edited by shadoh

Hi Ken,

As mentioned he's a nice little (white scale) Dragon with Red and lace finnage - classic shiny coppery iridescence over the finnage and.. what else? Little white tips on his ventrals.

I would also suggest he carries the marble gene, which plays a part in the red lace and the irregular patterning on the dorsal (and the butterfly lace effect on the tail)

Lovely strong body, nice tall dorsal, slightly rounded edges on the Caudal, but generally straight rays, anal fin a touch long - but not too dramatic

Nice animal!

(:

I take it the yellow is an added "enhancement", or you have something that should be genetically impossible :D

funnily enough this is the uneditted version of the photo. I think the yellow is due to the lighting although i was using white light led to take the photo.

20120731_234515.jpg

@melbournebetta thanks for your critic, very informative :D

@HMPK, I picked Ken up for $25 at the local fish shop.

Edited by SAF