LED Strips 60LED/m 20,000K Cool White

davo

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen the 6500k ones at davos place and they look real good quality compared to the ebay ones, these ones will be 20000k so they should be really bright! They should do really well for planted tanks I imagine.

Edited by Chi

I have seen the 6500k ones at davos place and they look real good quality compared to the ebay ones, these ones will be 20000k so they should be really bright! They should do really well for planted tanks I imagine.

They want be brighter, the colour temperature doesn't affect how bright it is, it affects what spectrum of light is produced, 20, 000k is the kind of light you Woukd expect several meters under the surface of the ocean, it is really blue and makes corals pop. I imagine they won't be able to keep red plants red but that's only my educated guess, that's why they're being trailed I imagine.

That's correct Matt the 20,000k is a measure of colour temperature and not brightness.

Essentially I'll play around with the design and combination initially to see how we can best approach it and will send through something that should work very well.

I have a few more people that still needs to pay up and then we should be ready to go.

@Shadoh if you want to be a guinea pig as well then I'll be happy for you to come on board..

If there is another 2 people out there that wants to give a go let me know will be happy to put you into this trial as well.

Great

Thanks Jarrod

We are waiting for one more person..if anyone knows "soul" please prod...

If anyone else is out there and interested let me know now and I'll include you in this trial.

Thanks again everyone...

Hi All

Sorry for the late update

I was waiting for Soul to provide payment.

However he has not responded to any of my pms so we will go ahead without him.

I now have everyone's address except for HMPK.

I will be finalising the order next week with the manufacturer and I should be getting shipment 2 weeks after that (as the manufacturer will manufacture the lights)

After that give me around 2 more weeks as I will stagger the making and sending of your lights.

Thanks again for your patience.

David

ETA will be in about 1.5 months...

The manufacturing process of the actual LEDs take around 2 weeks in itself.

Delivery of it should take another week.

I hope to be able to send the final product by 31st October 2012.

I am currently doing the bonus LEDs atm.

Hi Again All

Just a quick update

Manufacturing of the LEDs are going on nicely in the factory and will be in mid this month

I am currently busy with the building of your bonus 30cm 6500k LEDs now...

The final product will be very different from what was initially advertised.

It will actually be better.

It will now be:

[-- 15cm --][-- 10 cm --][-- 10 cm --][-- 10 cm --][-- 15cm --]

20,000K LED 6500K LED UV 400nm LED 6500K LED 20,000K LED

I think from the above you will get a balance of light and you should be able to grow quite a bit from it.

Also the above will cost 0.864W/hr of electricity