Sign in to follow this  
rainbowfish

South coast help

I am having a hard time finding a way to get fish sent to me. I seem to be out of 'zone' I tried a number of online aquariums and they used fastway and AAE but no depot near me I know of and I think the nearest area the courier does is Wollongong and Im a long way from Wollongong. When I rang AAE last year to see about sending some birds I found out the nearest depot was Sydney which is a long way... a long long way and I don't have a car... by public transport for me it's bus 1 and a half hours to station, wait for train... train depending on it's mood up to 3 hours or more. Plus I would have to leave at 5am if I wanted to get back the same day because there are only 3 buses from the station back to my house and none at all on the weekend. And I have no idea where the depot is from the train station at the airport etc... I actually havn't set foot in Sydney in about 3 years. Fun... and if the fish arrived on a plane at 3pm I have to find a room for the night then its a 5+ hour trip home again. A bit much to pick up some fish no matter how pretty there has to be an easier way to get fish here. Does anyone know if there is at least a drop off or courier in wollongong or a trusted fish club member I could have delivered to anywhere down the coast?

Or a different courier or delivery service that could do my area? If anyone knows Jervis Bay... Im down this way.

If Fastways won't do it, I'd try express post. I knew of somebody down that way that did it, I think.

I've had fish shipped to me, and have shipped fish in express - works well.

I agree...express post works really well and the fish arrive safely. Just dont tell Australia Post that there are fish in the parcel. In this weather just have someone home to accept the parcel as the weather gets cold. If you order from someone, she will get fish to you safely and arrive and well.

Yep. As long as you package them well, they should be fine.

Sign in to follow this