Medusa Roundtail...

shadoh

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Matt, that gives me something to work with. Mainly looking at working with roundtails and pintails. If I can't find what I'm after, I'll be looking at attempting to crossing the pattern/colour I'm after into the tail type I want. I know with pattern and colour genetics, it isn't as simple as crossing fish a with fish b, but it's all about the journey, right?...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

YES! I finally got my hands on a pair of these little beauties. I wasn't expecting them, so haven't even set up a tank for them. At the moment, they are in a breeder net in my 4ft sorority until I get the time to get their new digs together. :D

Congratulations...

Nothing more exciting (as an aquarist)

Than getting a species (or variety) you've been chasing for a while....

Nice find!...., but it's not real without photos....hahaha

Seriously...... I'm beginning to believe there is a God....or something similar

With patience....I've managed to own nearly all species I've coveted

I'm either very Lucky....or there is something working..... beyond my understanding....in my favor

Want it....look for it...be patient....be proactive

.bugger me....it happens???

Try it!

Edited by Rod

Hey Jarrod

The Vid was great. I have got to admite a bit of fish envy hear as they are realy eye catching. Congrats on the fry someone has some great guppy fry food but get them onto grindels as soon as you can and you will have them growing realy fast and Mum will pop babies out like a popcorn machine.

Good Luck

Cheers

les

• 4 weeks later...

The fry are just under a month old (I thought they were older *lol* ) I have at least one male out of the 4. He isn't Roundtail though. Faint coloring starting to come through, so will jeep a close eye on his development and see what ive got.

On the way to bed, I checked the tank out on my way past and the female has released another drop of fry. Was too tired to count accurate amount but I'm estimating 6-8 that I saw at first glance. The tank is due for a water change tomorrow, so I will get final numbers then.

Finally got around to doing the waterchange I wanted to do last week. Just as well, as the filter had become blocked and the water in the tank smelled stagnant. All guppies seem happy and healthy, so I guess it is a good thing that the top 50% of the tank had become overrun with hornwart. Unblocked the filter and thinned out plantings, gave tank a 50% waterchange and did a head count. This second drop is much bigger than the first. First drop was only 4 (of which 3 remain) this new drop of fry is 25 - 30. Looks like I may need a growout tank when they get a little bigger. I can't wait to see the results. I have put the 3 older fry in with my betta fry, as they are approx the same size ATM and they may teach my betta fry to accept any food I throw in the tank :{)