My Small Set-up

afr3178

When I kept birds I always said to my wife "the day it becomes work I will give it away". At 1 point I had over 200 birds and 28 aviaries. I never once thought it was work. Then I decided I had had enough and so they all were sold. Now there is over 10 holding tanks plus spawings. It is a pure pleasure. It is my relaxation and pleasure.

More photos of my tanks!

This is the lounge room...

dceb3187.jpg

This is another in my bedroom... It's a work in progress, but has been sitting there like that for ages! When I have time to fix it, I'm hoping to set it up really nice, Glosso carpet, some taller plants, etc.

61093dcd.jpg

That's all my tanks at the moment, would have more set up but no room :( I have 2 empty tanks sitting around!

Edited by afr3178

Haha. My parents want me to clear the bar, I say I will but when there is one tank left somehow I need to set the others up again lol.

I told them I needed the space temporarily while they were painting my room... 2 years ago ;)

Here are my betta: All HM

Past:

Was my favourite :(

cc9a4524.jpg

Amazing when he was flaring!!

f0807aa1.jpg

Present:

Before he started getting the red wash :(

ac9b3edf.jpg

Before he got dropsy, still alive

4ada0db5.jpg

My gorgeous male!! Fins currently in repair...

36f14f64.jpg

I have another one, who's photo I don't have an his fins are too crappy at the moment to photograph.

Also, have a female the same colour as each male :)

Have you tried telling your parents that you could be mentaly scared for life if you dont have a fish room and that the therapy would cost way more than a fish room? or try "Hey dad how about some bondinng time together we could make somthing" then let him chose what to make after the completion of that project tell him " that was so much fun I feel like i am realy getting to know you, How about another building project my turn A FISH ROOM" dont laugh, if you dont try it you will never know . if my child did that I would have to build one

Cheers

Les

PS do you have room to build a fish room?

The first one I bought from an EDAS meet from a Victoria Betta table ;) the rest are all from AI.

I wouldn't go that far to say I have better fish then you! Have you seen your fish? Haha.

I'll try both of those ;) with the weekend coming up and all. We have a big backyard, so I'm sure we can slot one in somewhere. Mum said if we win tats lotto they'll build a new garage and the old garage will be my fish room :D but that's sort of a long shot... Haha. I'm sure you'd build one cause you like fish! My dad sort of does... So MAYBE :P

So far so good... My parents know me too well.

Me: dad, do you have any projects that you need help with this weekend cause i'm happy to help.

Dad: what do you want?

I haven't said fish room yet, cause that idea will get shut down. So I'm easing into it :P

What camera do you all use? I need a better one...

Cheers

I use a Cannon 450D I turn the flash off and turn the ISO up to 1600, I light the fish from the top, I get pretty good shots...

IMG_7314.jpg

IMG_7309.jpg

What camera are you currently using?

Nice set up. Love the mac tank. As for the bar, well there are two shelves full of glasses just going to waste. Pack the glasses away (or use them to "jar" grow outs), replace the glass shelving and you can fit in another two dozen small cubes.